Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    It's old, stuck in headset mode, probably about four hours of batt life w/ light usage, slow-ish , and the slider is sticky.

But I still look at it and dote. They really made a great looking phone. And it's still different than any other phone out there. Other phones clutter up the bezel with logos and what not. Android phones have those ugly four buttons w/ icons. The Pre is basic yet capable, clean but usable, and completely differentiated from the iPhone. Well done Palm Design team. (As for the manufacturing, obv that's different.)

And of course, I'm psyched for Feb 9th!
    I now have a Palm Pre Plus but miss the orange lettering on the keyboard on the pre minus.
    To bring your battery life back to normal levels, you can get a new, OEM replacement battery from Amazon.com for a measly $4. Sometimes even less. I got one, and it's great. Just do a search for Palm Pre battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    To bring your battery life back to normal levels, you can get a new, OEM replacement battery from Amazon.com for a measly $4. Sometimes even less. I got one, and it's great. Just do a search for Palm Pre battery.
    Just ordered mine yesterday, my batter is shot.

@OP, I have the same feelings and the same problem (sort of). My speaker doesn't work and that's because of a loose wire somewhere in there.

But I still love it. Just wait til WebOS 2.x.x and you'll absolutely fall in love with it again.

I know I did.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    +1

I just ordered one from Amazon yesterday, it came to $2.94 including shipping. You can't beat that.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    well said
    It's funny how we have to excuse that we love our pre.
    It's a nice machine even without quad core and retina display.
    with 800 mhz overclock it is definitely a nice phone
    1ghz is even better
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    +1

I just ordered one from Amazon yesterday, it came to $2.94 including shipping. You can't beat that.
    do u have the link? $2.94 is not bad
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I already posted this in an other thread:
    One review of this battery:
    I was a bit leery about ordering the battery due to the price, but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and was exactly as described. I ran the battery through 5 complete discharge/recharge cycles, per Palm's recommended guidelines, and then I ran the calibration test on the "Dr. Battery" homebrew app. I got back a 100% rating, which means the battery was brand new. I half expected to get an A Stock battery (i.e. a battery from someone who returned their phone within 30 days) or get a Centro battery. I got neither, I got a brand new battery. In fact, I ordered a second battery and ensured I ordered from "The OEM Shop", since that is who I got my original battery from.
    I still have and love my Pre (minus)

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I give the Pre gets high marks for design aesthetics. Both visually and ergonomically. No other phone feels as natural. I get callouses from getting use to using other phones.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I already posted this in an other thread:
    One review of this battery:
    Mine arrived today. Battery Dr. says it is 96% healthy first day. Not really complaining based on the price and that is double the health of what I am replacing, but buyer be warned.

I still love my launch-month pre as well. I have no desire to replace. My audio is all messed up (no audio on any application, but works fine as a phone and even a speaker phone so I have no idea what the problem is) and the power button has its days, but all in all my only hope is to not have to make a tough decision before Spring gives me options. I am content to have this phone for a long time if it will only hold up.
    I have a Pre plus on Sprint, I love it! I swapped the keyboards so i have orange letters but man i miss the center button!!!!!!
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Definitely looks and feels nice but lacking in some features
    Uh-oh somebody's preaching to the choir

On my 5th, I'd be more upset if I didn't keep getting free replacements, but I do, so I'm not.

@Rx... you're right, but having lived with mine for a year now, I've gotten over most of the shortfalls
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    I now have a Palm Pre Plus but miss the orange lettering on the keyboard on the pre minus.
    I have a Palm Pre Plus with orange lettering

I loved my Pre so much that it was definitely worth it to do the Plus conversion. I had the USB crack, but knew I would want this phone for quite a while. Now I'm well into my second year as a Pre owner, with a pristine unit that runs at 1GHz... couldn't be happier! Not looking to replace this phone anytime soon to be honest. The first phone I can actually say that about.
    Still on my first Pre, over a year and a half old, still works great, a trusty companion. My Pre is patched and overclocked and runs just fine. I call, check and send email, check in on SWA when I fly, text and surf the net, my Pre does everything that I need from a smartphone. My Mugen 1400 battery is over a year old and is still at almost 90% capacity. When I travel (whick is a lot) I hook my Pre up to the rental cars aux. port and listen to Pandora music and Sprints Nav turn by turn directions coming over the rental cars audio is leading me to my next destination.

Oh I forgot to add, Mobile Hotspot, it rocks, using it right now because the hotel that I am staying at charges for internet!
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 01/19/2011 at 08:39 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast