1.    #1  
    I have the original pre from sprint. I have run into a new problem I cannot figure out. For some reason when I text or post things on facebook I get all these crazy letters and symbols that come up! On my screen it all looks fine. But people have asked me wth am I doing because they get all these crazy letters #'s and symbols. I have reset my phone over and over. It will clear up for a bit (few hrs) then go back to acting crazy! Anyone else ever had this problem or know what can be causing it?
    Haven't heard of this one. Personally the first thing I would do is run Jason's Repair Utility.

Depending on your answers to the following questions, and the input of somebody more knowledgeable than myself, it might be doctor-worthy. I feel like this might just be in vain, but...

I saw from one of your most recent posts that you have freetether installed.

1. Any other stuff from testing feeds?

2. Any stuff from outside of Preware?

3. Virtual keyboard?

4. Patches that alter messaging? (Which ones?)

5. Anything random that might lend some insight?
  3.    #3  
    no I really don't have anything special. Virtual keyboard yes. No patches for msg. The thing that has me is I haven't added nothing in a while since freetether. After installing that at the time everything still worked just fine. I'll try the repair utility. Thanx for the help. I was trying to stay away from doctoring but if the utility doesn't work I'll go there. Again thank you.
    Foreign language no font instakked?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5.    #5  
    sorry sketch . . Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    sorry sketch . . Huh?
    Just thinking out loud.. Obviously not it...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    lol sketch look what you wrote.
    I have had my phone typing a bunch of symbols like it was stuck in the option mode even though the little symbol under the cursor wasn't there. But it actually showed symbols as I typed, not words. Thats weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I have had my phone typing a bunch of symbols like it was stuck in the option mode even though the little symbol under the cursor wasn't there. But it actually showed symbols as I typed, not words. Thats weird.
    in universal search only right?
    I had the same problem a couple months ago. My pre kept losing the data connection and when that would happen it would send the jumblie texts, but everything would look fine on my mobile. After awhile my mobile completely stopped connecting to the network and wouldn't load my palm profile and I had to get a replacement from Sprint.