1.    #1  
    Was trying to look into my carrier banner and came across these instructions:

Originally Posted by lswishmeier
    so how can i modify a patch to make it the carrier string to what i want?

0. If you're on Windows, download Notepad++. If you're on Mac, idk. Google for a decent text edtior, preferably with highlighting, not required. If you're on Linux, you're fine.

1. Download the attachment from this post:
    Any way to change carrier banner?

2. Open it in your text editor.

3. There are two lines to change. You know which ones they are because they have /*Edit this line*/ at the end of them. Change them to what you want to say. Keep the quotation marks, like so:

Code:
    this.carrierText = "carrier text here"; /*Edit this line*/changed for me to

Code:
    this.carrierText = "lithiumflower"; /*Edit this line*/

4. Save

5. Install with WOSQI or copy it to your Pre and install with Internalz.

6. Luna-restart.

I've downloaded Notepad++, edited the approprate text and saved it (which it saved as a Notepad++ file). Do I just open WebOS Quickinstall and select that Notepad++ file to copy to my pre?
  2.    #2  
    Ohhhhhh, nevermind! It worked! I need to start trying to stuff before asking questions...sorry. Just don't want to do something stupid and fry my Pre Plus. Which doesn't explain why I didn't wait for any confirmation responses.......

Looks super cool though!

...I suppose this thread can be deleted!
    Last edited by YankBoy; 01/18/2011 at 06:35 PM.
    If u ask or investigate where your going, u can also use internalz to dive into the phones code to get, delete, prprpr $change$ $something$