1.    #1  
    I've had my Palm Pre for about 6 months to a year, and in that time, it has slowly become a worse phone than when I got it.

I'll just skip forward a bit and describe all the symptoms. The thing almost constantly says "phone offline", it automatically hangs up on people after about 30-40 seconds, I've gotten that whole headphone jack problem where the phone thinks speakers/headphones are in the jack when they really aren't, it's slow and gitchy, the majority of the time I can't load my messaging app because when I click on it, it just shines brightly for second and does nothing, and now more recently, my phone will not dismiss my f"ng calendar alerts, even when I press dismiss and also go into the calendar options and press dismiss all, it's still popping up.

Now I'm going to get a new phone pretty soon and get rid of this PoS pretty soon (and probably never buy another product from Palm again, seeing as how this phone almost cost me a job), but I at least need a temporary fix to the last two problems, I need to be able to open the texting app, and I need to make those damn reminders/alerts go away. I've tried turning my phone off and on but that doesn't work, and I've looked at a few topics on how to fix the constant alert/reminder problems, but there were no solutions in the threads that I looked in, so does anyone know of a temporary fix for those two problems or am I just going to have to wait?
    Have you ever doctored your phone?
    if doctoring doesn't help, its still under warranty. Get it replaced. Even if you sell the replacement, get the value out of your warranty first.
    Here. I did a search for you in case you need to doctor your phone. This looked like a good post for doctoring.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...tructions.html
  5.    #5  
    Doctoring? What does that do and how do I do it?

Also, I think I voided my warranty, as I've overclocked my Palm Pre about a month ago. I'm pretty sure that's the cause of the most recent problems, but I was left with no choice seeing as how even before I did that, my phone ran unacceptably slow and still had problems then.

edit: That link you posted isn't working. Just takes me to a "Page not found" page.
    Quote Originally Posted by vickers500 View Post
    Doctoring? What does that do and how do I do it?

Also, I think I voided my warranty, as I've overclocked my Palm Pre about a month ago. I'm pretty sure that's the cause of the most recent problems, but I was left with no choice seeing as how even before I did that, my phone ran unacceptably slow and still had problems then.

edit: Thanks, I'll try that later today.
    Doctoring pretty much sets your phone back to factory settings. It will probably fix most, if not all, of your problems. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by vickers500 View Post
    That link you posted isn't working. Just takes me to a "Page not found" page.
    Try it again, Its working for me. I think it takes a bit for it to register.