1.    #1  
    Wouldn't it be nice if this lovely phone allowed me to be even lazier? I only have free Wi-Fi here in my office, and it would be great if the phone was somehow aware that it's here, and automatically activate the Wi-Fi radio.

I guess the trick would be indentifying to which cellular network antenna its connected, and act accordingly. I don't even know if other phones are able to do it, but perhaps it's possible.
  2.    #2  
    Hey, I'm checking GeoStrings right now, looks amazing!
    Mode switcher with a GPS location trigger. You get near a GPS location, and your wireless turns on (which should automagically join your free wifi). When you leave that area, your phone shuts the wifif back off. Mode Switcher is the program to do EXACTLY what you want to do.
  4.    #4  
    Wow, that's GREAT! I'm checking Mode Switcher right now.
    Only problem - GPS uses more power than WiFi. You're better off leaving WiFi on all the time than GPS.
    Can you use a time based trigger?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Yes mode swicher has a time base trigger.
    Mode swicher is the greatest app ever.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLitwiller View Post
    Only problem - GPS uses more power than WiFi. You're better off leaving WiFi on all the time than GPS.
    Oh, didn't realize that. One more reason to forget that GPS based trigger for my "office" mode. The first reason was that it only worked by miracle, GPS can't work inside a building.

I've just changed my modes, and it works a treat!
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 01/20/2011 at 03:43 AM.
  9. SashoDikov
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeder View Post
    Yes mode swicher has a time base trigger.
    Mode swicher is the greatest app ever.
    I realised today that i desperately need mode switcher on my laptop (i do different .. ahem... things with it at work and at home)

hurry up with the WebOS notebooks hPalm !
    Quote Originally Posted by SashoDikov View Post
    I realised today that i desperately need mode switcher on my laptop (i do different .. ahem... things with it at work and at home)

hurry up with the WebOS notebooks hPalm !
    This is why I have two laptops ;-)