1.    #1  
    I have a Pre-Plus on Verizon. Windows computer. Based on other threads here, I downloaded Salling Media Sync to sync my itunes and Pre. It works for music fine, but I can't get it to sync the podcasts I have in itunes. When I click on the podcasts, the "no changes to require synchronization" stays on, and the sync button is grayed out.

I tried making a podcast play list, and syncing through the music tab, but that doesn't work either.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
    Not a direct fix for your problem, but I use drPodder to download my podcasts directly on to the Pre rather than syncing them from a PC
    drPodder ftw. It doesn't make sense to sybc podcasts when you can download or stream them directly to your phone, IMHO.

best. app. ever.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It doesn't make sense to sybc podcasts when you can download or stream them directly to your phone, IMHO.
    Well, if I already have them in itunes, it seems easier to just sync (assuming I can get it to sync) then trying to download twice or keep track of what is where.
    I find that I let my PC download them for permanent storage. On the phone I listen and have it set to automatically delete. It certainly depends on where/when/how you listen to podcasts, but there is really no downside to having the phone operate as an independent device. I have lot's of mp3 players but I totally stopped using them for podcasts once I got drPodder on my Pre.

And if there is something on your PC that isn't available on the web any more, you can put it on your phone and drPodder will play it.

You owe it to yourself to try it. I think you will see why it's one of the most popular apps in the catalog. Use your computer to organize and manage podcasts. Use drPodder on your webOS phone to automatically download them, listen to them, and remove them.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    The usage of anything itunes related to the Pre is lose, lose It's really a garbaqe program that Apple should be ashamed of. Try Media Monkey. those podcasts should transfer just fine. I have to parrot the Dr.Podder sentiments. Once you get your feeds set up it is probably the best app available on Webos. If you like to archive your podcasts just continue to let them accumulate on Itunes. Dr Podder will auto update just like any podcast software. Nothing to keep up with just grab you Pre and everything is there. By the way what type of podcasts Do you listen to that are worth archiving?
  7.    #7  
    Thank you for the ideas everyone! I will try some of these suggestions.

I am actually just starting the investigate podcasts, so I am not a regular listener to anything as of yet. Just trying to figure out the best way, and, honestly, very annoyed that I couldn't get it to work the way I was trying!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Archiving podcasts yourself is really unnecessary as the good podcasters keep their own archive available to listeners. As a heavy podcast listener, currently regularly listening to 18 different shows some daily some weekly, please allow me to repeat myself. If you want to use the Pre for Podcasts forget about Itunes and use Dr. Podder there is no point in trying anything else. How's that for taking away all your options and personal choices.