Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hoping that someone can offer some advice on this....

I've done something, maybe, by adding a patch.

Whenever I get a calendar alert on my Palm Pre (WebOS 1.45 - I think), The calendar automaticaly opens in the background. It's painfull as I generally don't want to see the calendar, and I think it causing my battery to run down.

Does anyone know if there's a way to stop the calendar from automatically opening if I get an alert? Thanks for any advice.
    are you tapping the alert? If not, the calendar shouldn't be opening like that.

what happens if the calendar is already open?

what is your configuration and what patches do you have on your phone?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are you tapping the alert? If not, the calendar shouldn't be opening like that.

what happens if the calendar is already open?

what is your configuration and what patches do you have on your phone?
    Hi:

Thanks for your note. Both the alert and the calendar open with the alert on top - without me touching anything. I have a feeling this is the result of a patch that I loaded some time ago, but I didn't start noticing the behaviour until recently.

The phone is a little, quirky. I've installed lots of patches but when I look in Preware, I get a message that there are only two patches loaded. I'm ready for a rebuild but I've been putting it off with WebOS 2 immanent (I don't want to rebuild twice in a short amount of time).
    if I were you I would doctor. I think it will be long enough before 2.x comes from the carriers to be worth your time.