Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    So, I took the patching plunge last night. Since I was basically happy with my Pre Plus as it was, I wasn't sure what to expect. First of all, overclocking works. Wow. I've just been sitting at my desk opening apps all morning just to see how much faster they open. Lame, huh? Second, while I was happy with my stock Pre Plus, it is nice to be able to customize it in a lot of ways.

    So far I've done:

    Uberkernel and Govnah (obviously)
    Added the date (mm/dd) to the top bar
    Added rotated battery meter and percentage to the top bar
    Added date and time to all text messages
    Made my calendar load to month display
    Put a space b/w snooze and dismiss in alarm
    Made clock default to alarm list
    Set icons to 4x4
    Fully transparent launcher (which, although minor, is very cool I think)
    Really silent ringer switch
    Bluetooth increased in call volume (this one doesn't seem to do much)
    Added luna manager (which I don't really know what it is, but I've seen "luna" about 10 million times on here, so I figured I'd put it on and figure out what it's about later)
    Added the LED torch (which is ridiculously bright)
    Dr. Battery

    Any tips on getting rid of the Verizon Wireless text on the left of the top bar? I initially put the date there (which looked really nice), but it goes away when you open anything and I like having the date there all the time. Any way to replace with text of my own?

    Edit: I would add...to anyone who is thinking about patching. DO IT. Even if you don't overclock, the little things you can do to make your phone fit your needs is awesome. Do you know how many times I've opened my calendar and wished it would default to month? Now it does. How many times have I accidentally tapped "dismiss" instead of "snooze" on my alarm (or the other way around) b/c they were too close? Not anymore. I held off doing it so long b/c it seemed like a hassle, but it's not at all.
  2. #2  
    Glad to hear you joined the club. lol. The patches I would suggest to you are the advanced configuration for system preferences patch and advance configuration for launcher patch. Some of your patches are in the patches I mentioned and will have to be removed before installing though. Once you have it on your phone though, its worth it. Also as far as the date showing all the time. I don't think there is a patch for that. That top left area is dedicated to the apps drop down menu which is why the date disappears in an app.
  3. #3  
    I have the patch that replaces the carrier string with the current date on the upper left. Have you tried that?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I have the patch that replaces the carrier string with the current date on the upper left. Have you tried that?
    I think thats what he has. He just wants it to show all the time. Like when you are in an app. Unless there is another patch that does this. The one I have goes away when Im in an app.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Glad to hear you joined the club. lol. The patches I would suggest to you are the advanced configuration for system preferences patch and advance configuration for launcher patch. Some of your patches are in the patches I mentioned and will have to be removed before installing though. Once you have it on your phone though, its worth it. Also as far as the date showing all the time. I don't think there is a patch for that. That top left area is dedicated to the apps drop down menu which is why the date disappears in an app.
    and just what do those do?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    and just what do those do?
    The advanced configuration for app launcher patch adds the ability to fully customize your launcher. it gives you the choice to switch between 4x4 icons or 3x4 or 5x4. small, medium or large icons. Choose to have launcher page title, or tabs, Choice to hide quick launch, or hide quick launch in launcher. And more. The advanced preferences patch puts more options in a lot of the default app menus such as phone and messaging. These patches are pretty much just a lot of different patches rolled into one patch with the ability to customize rather than having to keep adding and removing a bunch of different patches.
  7. #7  
    Congratulations YankBoy! You finally did it. Can I say 'told you so'.

    Don't see SMS character counter on your list. And Reduced Drag Radius is worth a look. Enjoy!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Congratulations YankBoy! You finally did it. Can I say 'told you so'.

    Don't see SMS character counter on your list. And Reduced Drag Radius is worth a look. Enjoy!
    Just did the drag radius one...now what exactly does it do? haha
  9. #9  
    If you use the Pre calendar then the Ubercalendar patch is a must have.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  10. #10  
    Patches have been a lifesaver for this phone...made the Pre minus experience 1000000x better than what palm has offered...hopefully HP has taken notes when they send out their newest line on feb. 9th!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Just did the drag radius one...now what exactly does it do? haha
    It makes touching more responsive. I am not sure how far the limit is, I'm currently testing out a 5px reduced drag
  12. #12  
    can you go a little more into detail about the drag radious one?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Just did the drag radius one...now what exactly does it do? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    can you go a little more into detail about the drag radious one?
    It defines the distance that your finger must move on the screen before it is recognised as a 'drag'. You should observe smoother and more responsive scrolling.
  14. #14  
    Yankboy, did you ever get that GPS issue resolved?
  15. #15  
    nice
  16. #16  
    Yankboy on the increased volume you have to do a full reboot not a luna restart. Once you do a full restart you will see the increased volume.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Yankboy on the increased volume you have to do a full reboot not a luna restart. Once you do a full restart you will see the increased volume.
    Awesome, thanks! I'll give that a shot.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    Yankboy, did you ever get that GPS issue resolved?
    Nope, never did. I had an offer from Verizon to trade out for whatever else I wanted and keep my current contract. It seemed to line up nicely with the alleged release of the Pre 2, but that never happened. At the end of the day, WebOS won out by a longshot. I get by ok with using the VZ Navigator workaround. Keeping my fingers crossed that 2.0 might address this issue.
  19.    #19  
    I'm actually kind of glad I waited this long to start patching and overclocking.

    I'm up for a new phone in 11 months and have had my Pre for about 10 months. I was month-to-month with VZ for about 3 months prior to getting my Pre Plus and I guess they did my 2 year contract from the start of that and not when I got my Pre Plus. Anyway, with 11 months to go, it really feels like I got a new phone. I was getting kind of antsy for something new, but this has done the trick. I believe this will hold me over nicely until I have multiple WebOS devices to choose from in December.
  20. #20  
    Sounds like you need something that makes the browser not refresh after idle. Web pages just stay loaded. Personally I use Bad Kitty Super Mix. Adds a buncha functionality to the browser.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions