Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1.    #1  
    Trying to install Preware here and having some trouble. I've downloaded and installed webos quick install and webos doctor. I put my pre plus in developer mode, connected via usb, selected "just charge", opened webos quick install, clicked on the blue arrow, selected webos internals (pre), selected preware, clicked download, close and install.

    I get the following message: Error 1: connection refused: connect. When I click on Ok I get: Error: no device found. If I click on OK there, then it just says "connecting to device" but stays like that indefinitely.

    Any tips?
  2. #2  
    Have you tried rebooting both the phone and the computer?

    You may also need to try a different USB port.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3. #3  
    restart the phone in developer mode, try to reconnect.
  4. #4  
    Is the Palm Novacom started in Services? (I'm assuming your using Windows on your computer?)
  5. #5  
    Have you started the Doc before you used QI?

    The first time i would recommend to start the DOC whitout any phone attached to usbport. So novacom will install again/the first time. After closing the DOC try QI again.
  6.    #6  
    I just followed these instructions:

    Installing Preware with WebOS Quick Install
    You can use version 3.14 or later of WebOS Quick Install to install Preware directly from the WebOS Internals feed.

    Latest Version of WebOS Quick Install available here: WebOS Quick Install v3.14

    1.Install the required Software
    1.Click here to verify that you have the latest java installed on your computer and update if needed
    2.Click Here to download the latest version of WebOS Quick Install
    3.Optionally, Click here to download the current webOS Doctor for your carrier and phone in a subdirectory your will remember (maybe "Palm"?) and the same one in which WebOSQuickInstall will execute. If you already have it, skip this step.
    You do not need to download webOS Doctor separately unless you wish to do so, as WebOSQuickInstall will download it itself if not found.
    Do not run the webOS Doctor
    2.Put your device in Developer Mode
    3.Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable, and select "Just Charge" (do not select USB Drive)
    4.Run WebOS Quick Install. If webOS Doctor is not present, you will be asked if you wish to download it prior to execution.
    5.Click the third button on the right (Blue Down Arrow)
    6.Choose WebOS Internals Feed (Pre) or WebOS Internals Feed (Pixi) from the drop-down list at the top.
    7.Select Preware from the list.
    8.Click Download.
    9.Click Close.
    10.Click Install.


    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
  7. #7  
    Try some of the ideas that have been posted for you.

    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8. #8  
    Those instructions don't mention Novacom at all... That's probably your problem.
  9. #9  
    When my son did it, he ran into the same error and it was due to not having the most recent version of java.

    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    Have you started the Doc before you used QI?

    The first time i would recommend to start the DOC whitout any phone attached to usbport. So novacom will install again/the first time. After closing the DOC try QI again.
    That seemed to do the trick...thanks! Now to figure out what to put on my phone.....
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    That seemed to do the trick...thanks! Now to figure out what to put on my phone.....
    Everything!!!!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Everything!!!!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm installing uberkernel and govnah now. In a previous thread, someone said to set my screenstate to 500/800. Sooo...just where do I go to do that?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I'm installing uberkernel and govnah now. In a previous thread, someone said to set my screenstate to 500/800. Sooo...just where do I go to do that?
    That was me!

    After installing both Uber and Govanah you fire up Govnah and tap on Screenstate 500/1000

    You'll see an new screen with a list.. One of the choices is 500/800

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    That was me!

    After installing both Uber and Govanah you fire up Govnah and tap on Screenstate 500/1000

    You'll see an new screen with a list.. One of the choices is 500/800

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Awesome, thanks! I was pretty sure it was you, but it's been a while. I hope the forum is prepared to annoyed by me asking questions about preware now...
  15. #15  
    Ask away, you won't annoy anyone.

    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  16.    #16  
    Does uberkernel automatically overclcock, or do i have to change settings in there as well?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Does uberkernel automatically overclcock, or do i have to change settings in there as well?
    No settings in Uber.. It's the kernel.. And that has all the combos possible built in

    That's why you need Govnah, to Govern over all the kernels possibilities, Govnah is what allows Uber to run at Overclock mode (if I understand correctly)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  18. #18  
    choose the screenstate 500/1000 profile in govnah and you will be amazed.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    choose the screenstate 500/1000 profile in govnah and you will be amazed.
    For some reason it's the only one that chugged through my batt like whale

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    No settings in Uber.. It's the kernel.. And that has all the combos possible built in

    That's why you need Govnah, to Govern over all the kernels possibilities, Govnah is what allows Uber to run at Overclock mode (if I understand correctly)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    oh ok...that's kind of what i thought, but wasn't sure. it's set on 500/800 right now. might give the 500/1000 a shot to see what happens. this will basically my phone run faster/smoother i assume?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions