Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ya, it's about 25% more speed. Don't run it any slower than 500, because it can be unstable at slower speeds. Enjoy the new phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    oh ok...that's kind of what i thought, but wasn't sure. it's set on 500/800 right now. might give the 500/1000 a shot to see what happens. this will basically my phone run faster/smoother i assume?
    Yes, much faster and smoother.

When I had my Pre, it could never handle the 1000, I had to stick with 800.

My son's however, has no problem running at 1000.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #23  
    yowza....that is faster, haha. so far i'm on uberkernel, govnah, added mm/dd and battery % to my top bar, and changed my icon layout. baby steps.
    awesome! I have my Pre + set on for 250/1 GB and I love it. I haven't had any instability problems, but I believe that UberKernel is pretty stable. Now, some of the newer kernels that they're testing, that may be a little too unstable for me!
    Do have fun, and although your OCing pretty fast, go slow with the additional patches that you put in! Take your time, and enjoy!
  5.    #25  
    I've read a lot about themes too. What are they? The only thing I've seen about themes on my preware list is related to the virtual keyboard. Is that what it is?
    I've read a lot about themes too. What are they? The only thing I've seen about themes on my preware list is related to the virtual keyboard. Is that what it is?
    Themes:
    Webos Themes | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    decreasing core voltages along with overclocking to 1 GHZ on, 250 mhz off, setting up email to push...has done wonders to my battery life.

hope palm has learned something about maximizing battery life in their future devices...especially given the pace at which all hardware is accelerating except for the batteries.
  8.    #28  
    So far all the patches are very cool. The only one that doesn't seem to work is the one that makes volume louder on bluetooth. I didn't notice a difference anyway. I love having the date displayed next to the time and having my battery percentage shown. Little things make all the difference....
    Does uberkernel automatically overclcock, or do i have to change settings in there as well?
    Yankdog, definitely do some searching at this point for patches. Go to the patch forum and read the available patches or go into Preware and click on available patches and you can scroll in the chosen patch prior to installing and click on the link in said patch and it will take you to the patch forum so you can read more about it. I have 41 patches and 57 apps. 11 other installed packages but these are listed under kernels, misc, linux and all that other jazz. I believe there is already a post on most commonly used patches/apps. Enjoy!
    oh ok...that's kind of what i thought, but wasn't sure. it's set on 500/800 right now. might give the 500/1000 a shot to see what happens. this will basically my phone run faster/smoother i assume?
    welcome to the land of severe tech addiction . glad to see you got preware installed with less trouble than i experienced.

as for the uber kernal i just wanted to give you a tip from experience. the 500/800 is the safest to run all the time but if you want to do the 1000 i'd do it when you want to play a game or something and then set it back to 500/800 for general use. the faster the processor runs the hotter the unit gets and quicker. then in preware go to the patches section (make sure in preferences that you check all the boxes to activate the many different feeds you can get apps from first or you will be frustrated trying to find things that you thought should be there) and install 'device temperature warnings' which you can set to vibrate or ring when its getting up there, and 'fahrenheit temp with battery in device', which you can see from the top menu bar at a glance, so you can be sure the unit is at a safe level. if it gets up to the danger zone (98 or so?) you need to set the govnah to palm default and let the thing cool down. you may have to pull the battery if it feels really really hot to you. you can put it back in after its cool.

have fun
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    Have you started the Doc before you used QI?

The first time i would recommend to start the DOC whitout any phone attached to usbport. So novacom will install again/the first time. After closing the DOC try QI again.
    I'm getting the same ERROR 1: Connection refused error. What do you mean by "start the DOC?"

Btw, I've already got Preware and my fave patches from when I was on XP. Just upgraded to Win 7 X64 and now I'm getting this error.

Thanks so much for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    I'm getting the same ERROR 1: Connection refused error. What do you mean by "start the DOC?"

Btw, I've already got Preware and my fave patches from when I was on XP. Just upgraded to Win 7 X64 and now I'm getting this error.

Thanks so much for the help!
    The webOS doctor that you have to download to use webOS QI.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    The webOS doctor that you have to download to use webOS QI.

Sent from my eVo
    ha, of course. thought you guys were referring to some kind of DOCument.

ran the doctor first and that did the trick. thanks!
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycat View Post
    welcome to the land of severe tech addiction . glad to see you got preware installed with less trouble than i experienced.

as for the uber kernal i just wanted to give you a tip from experience. the 500/800 is the safest to run all the time but if you want to do the 1000 i'd do it when you want to play a game or something and then set it back to 500/800 for general use. the faster the processor runs the hotter the unit gets and quicker. then in preware go to the patches section (make sure in preferences that you check all the boxes to activate the many different feeds you can get apps from first or you will be frustrated trying to find things that you thought should be there) and install 'device temperature warnings' which you can set to vibrate or ring when its getting up there, and 'fahrenheit temp with battery in device', which you can see from the top menu bar at a glance, so you can be sure the unit is at a safe level. if it gets up to the danger zone (98 or so?) you need to set the govnah to palm default and let the thing cool down. you may have to pull the battery if it feels really really hot to you. you can put it back in after its cool.

have fun
    Thanks for the tips. I have mine set at 500/1000 and haven't had any temperature issues as of yet. However, the screenstate does change on its own somehow. Sometimes I go to check it and just says screenstate "unknown", so I have to go in and select 500/1000 again. Yesterday I looked and the screenstate said "uberkernel default", so I had to select 500/1000 again. But in any event, it's all running smoothly with no real issues.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12