Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    is anyone else getting an error when loading the facebook app? I keep getting a 'cannot connect to server' error. I used the facebook mobile site and friendsbook, both of which work fine. Just wondering if there is an issue that anybody has heard about? BTW, i'm in MN right now.
    Do you have the most current version of the app? Check the catalog to see if there is an update you need to install.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    yes, tried that already. It is version 1.5.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    An update: I only had a few patches installed: FSTAB and the one that shows the battery life in %.

I deleted both of those, deleted the patch for "installation" from Preware, restarted the phone, and it started working again.

It doesn't make sense why this would occur because I've had those patches on the phone since last summer. Why all of the sudden there was an issue?? Just putting this out there if anyone can find an explanation.

I do plan on reinstalling the battery life patch at least, but will do so when I'm not out of town and so reliant on the phone.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I had a few problems earlier with FB not updating...try restarting the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahylo View Post
    An update: I only had a few patches installed: FSTAB and the one that shows the battery life in %.

I deleted both of those, deleted the patch for "installation" from Preware, restarted the phone, and it started working again.

It doesn't make sense why this would occur because I've had those patches on the phone since last summer. Why all of the sudden there was an issue?? Just putting this out there if anyone can find an explanation.

I do plan on reinstalling the battery life patch at least, but will do so when I'm not out of town and so reliant on the phone.
    It was probably the restart that solved it. Those patches shouldn't have any impact on it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I did do several restarts (without resolution of the issues) before I uninstalled those patches. Again, it had been working for the last few months without issues, this just happened today. Can't explain it. I'll try to update you all after I reinstall those patches in a few days.