Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Ok, i'm pretty sure what happened:
    -somoline has hinted that developers in the early access program have access to 2.0 doctors
    -the link is a direct link to an HP ftp site with the doctors, the beta stk and some other docs
    -I assume this is how developers in the early access program are allowed to download the necessary files
    - the link contains a username and password
    - whichever developer whose user name is "palmread" is in trouble. ( i wont post the password or url)
    - hp apparently does not read forums and had not restriced access to this username... (why?)
    -the doctors most likely have debug setting on high, thus possibly accounting for lag

BTW, since precentral has not had problems with hosting leaked text, and i'm not under a nda since i'm not in the early program, is it ok if I post some release notes from the ftp site (just text)? I will assume no response means it is not ok.

Edit: Nevermind, its all just technical skd stuff, nothing specific to post.
    Also, not sure if this is because i dont understand what i am seeing, but the new media capture api seems to only be usefull to save audio/video/stills. There seems no way for apps to access the raw video or waveform in realtime. I also didn;t see any reference to the ability to access the mic or camera in pdk apps. This rules out certain kinds of apps (any that work with sound or video in realtime like a voip or video chat app. Keep in mind that I am a novice about these things and what i am saying may be completely wrong
    Last edited by R_E; 01/28/2011 at 03:51 AM.
    you also got to remember that's the 2.0.1 notes etc Ur reading. Palms on 2.1 atm
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Ok, i'm pretty sure what happened:
    -somoline has hinted that developers in the early access program have access to 2.0 doctors
    -the link is a direct link to an HP ftp site with the doctors, the beta stk and some other docs
    -I assume this is how developers in the early access program are allowed to download the necessary files
    - the link contains a username and password
    - whichever developer whose user name is "palmread" is in trouble. ( i wont post the password or url)
    - hp apparently does not read forums and had not restriced access to this username... (why?)
    -the doctors most likely have debug setting on high, thus possibly accounting for lag
    +1
    I "think" palmread is a generic username.

Please guys wait for feb.9
    I like the pulsing hp instead of palm
    Quote Originally Posted by semahjiscool View Post
    here you guys go
    its so pretty...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    I like the pulsing hp instead of palm
    I do to even though I hope they don't get rid of the palm name
    I have Webos 2.0 running on my sprint pre as well now
    Yeah, I understand the Hp Webos rebranding and hope that will mean more hp devices will use it but in terms of the phones I think those will stay as Palm running Hp Webos
    How did you get rid of the gesture tutorial thing?
    I actually kind of do hope they get rid of the Palm name. Palm isn't exactly well known to many consumers. Consumers still see Palm as a geeky old PDA company. We might realize that's not quite true but most of us are phone enthusiasts, we aren't what drives the community. WebOS needs more standard users and not just a hardcore community. Developers need people to develop for after all. hp is a much more consumer friendly brand than Palm. They could commercialize it much easier that way.

I also think they need to focus on advertising and pushing commercial sales. WebOS can game on equal ground with iOS and better than Android, which should be mentioned. Gaming pushes platforms. I also think they need more form factors and not just recycle two over and over again. I actually think the Pre and the Pixi are pretty ugly and cheap looking, but I buy for performance not for looks. They also need some headlining phones, no brand has stood behind WebOS since Sprint and that was a pretty bad failure.

In the end I think hp is an intelligent company with good control of it's subsidiaries and it will know what is best for WebOS as a whole. Hopefully, February 9th will change EVERYTHING. If we get some headlining Tegra 2 devices and phones things will change.
    Hey semahjiscool, have you been able to sign into your original profile yet?
    I found the 2.0 doctor too, but I don't know if it's the same as everyone elses. I have the one that is the "Nova-Barley" build.

I was able to login to my profile... somewhat. At first, it didn't login, it wasn't having it. So I did an "emergency call" and dialed in ##DEVMODE# which skips the First Run app (and turns on Dev Mode). From there, even though it kept on coming up with an error on the First Run app, it seemed to be logged in. Nothing was syncing though; my apps, my accounts, my contacts, nothing was happening. I decided to do an erase of just the apps and data so that I can call up the First Run app again. From there, it logged me in no problem. But same deal, no syncing from your previous backup.

Here's the thing I discovered though, you can re-download your paid apps for free, all you have to do is find it in the App Catalog and even though it shows a price on the store, when you go to download it, it will say free.

Now I DO NOT recommend doing this. The only reason why I did it is because I read from the source that I got the doctor from that the profile was working. Why do I not recommend this? I logged into my Palm Profile at palm.com . It now says I have "Web OS version 9.9.9". Assuming this, using my profile corrupted it. I most likely won't have a functioning profile if I go back to 1.4.5

I'm also hoping to dear god that they don't come knocking on my door or something because of this.

Overall though, I am thoroughly impressed by the performance. It feels A LOT faster than before, and I had my sprint pre overclocked to 1ghz. To have it feel faster than 1ghz 1.4.5 and running stock 500mhz is wonderful. Although, it is EXTREMELY buggy and does slow down. I also looked at how much RAM it was using, by using Jstop. It looks like it's using about double, with a normal 1.4.5 taking ~20mb of ram and 2.0 taking ~40mb.

Also... my build didn't allow Angry Birds. It's strange, cause Gameloft games appeared fine. I even found the link on the Palm website for Angry Birds and sent it to my phone. When the store opened it said it wasn't available for my operating system and I had to update. This also happens with other apps as well, such as the Bank of America app (luckily though, all that app is is just the shortcut to the BOA Mobile website). Oddly though, I was able to install Angry Birds from a backup ipk I made and installed it with WebOS Quick Install, and it works just fine, nothing noticeably wrong with it.

I'm going to live with 2.0 until I get annoyed with it, but it probably is best to wait for the true update. It is rather buggy and I hate that I borked my Palm Profile.

Besides, I think they'll update it in March. I get this from WebOSWorld.com where they had an informant give them details. They have been right on with everything so far. Here's the list

1.HP/Palm will not be showing any new products at CES 2011.
    2.HP/Palm are planning their own private event to occur after CES but before Mobile World Congress. This event will take place in New York or Las Vegas.
    3.HP will be announcing their road map for 2011 at this NY or LV event.
    4.There will be no new webOS devices to be released on Sprint until June 2011.
    5.A new webOS device will be a Sprint exclusive and will utilize the Sprint 4G network.
    6.First gen Pre’s and Pixi’s will get the webOS 2.0 update in March 2011. The order of webOS 2,0 to existing devices is: Sprint, Verizon, and finally AT&T.
    7.Verizon will get the Pre 2 and it may have either webOS 2.0 or webOS 2.1
    As a user you should be entitled to do whatever you want with the phone you bought. If people now have the right to jailbreak their phones, using leaks isn't much different. It is the leaker that would be in trouble. The most they should be able to do is nicely ask you to return your phone to normal. If you state that you did not know it was pirated material it's not like they would have any proof anyway lol
    Don't sign in to your original profile unless you never plan on going back to 1.4.5. I'd wait until they officially release 2.0 to the older hardware.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I truly don't plan on goin back to 1.4.5 unless in an emerrgency. 2.0 is just way too much fun.
    I truly don't plan on goin back to 1.4.5 unless in an emerrgency. 2.0 is just way too much fun.
    It was just a warning. A profile used in 2.0 cannot be used in 1.4.5 ever again...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I used my 1.4.5 profile on 2.0 first time I flash it work with no problem.
    when I login ( just gave me a warning about been active on another device ) and took a while to get access to it ).

When flash back to 1.4.5 used it gain without problem but flash back to 2.0 it wouln't let me back with profile again so I had to create a new one to use 2.0.

back again to 1.4.5 using my old profile.

2.0.1 is nice but browser is slow @ 500 mhz for me nice to have tried it but hope they release final version soon or new leak =)
  19.    #159  
    I wouldn't advise it.
    <<thread cleaned>>
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast