Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    most likely it is a modified Pre 2 doctor. Distributing modified doctors isn't legal. The dropped call error and garbled text messages is expected from this doctor on sprint.

an over the air update to 2.0 is coming soon enough. I suggest people to sit back and wait.
    Will the over the air update come to everyone? (I am in the UK running an unlocked Pre Plus on a "SIM only" PAYG with Vodafone, who do not have the Pre in their line-up, for example).

Can you give any indication of the timing? In the coming weeks or months?
    how in the world can anyone trust those links especially with the foreign languages
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by semahjiscool View Post
    my friend who also has a palm pre sent me a email and all it said was webos 2.0 i opened the email and it was the webos doc for 2.0 and i was already gonna doc my phone that day so i said what the hell but it work on my sprint pre
    This sounds like one of those "well I have a friend..." stories. There is no way you were emailed the webOS doctor. The webOS doctors are way over 200MB, and the highest email attachment file size I've every heard of is 25MB.
    it's real check my above post where you can find the webos 2.0 but it may not be final version file comes @ 380MB WEBosdoctor version: build Sprint.27.337 12/07/10 01:13

I flash it on my device about and hour ago everything working,

just up a pic shows webos 2.0 + your own post from above
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ATT-Half; 01/27/2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: remove my phone number
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I didn't say it wasn't real, I said no one could have sent him the doctor in an email. Either the guy is in the early access program and is violating the NDA, or he found it leaked out on the internet. But no one emailed it to him.
    i don't know how about you guys but i am a VZW Pre Plus and i'm running webos 2.0 now..yeah..and i also saw the link for AT&T Pre Plus and Pre Sprint too..if you guys want i can take some picture for u..i try to stick with it but i guess i'm gonna go back to 1.4.5 even 2.0 is beautiful..really beautiful..but no overclocked..which mean it kinda slowly..

oh..to me everything work..except evdo..which is obvious since i live in viet nam ) but i know a Pre Plus VZW with 2.0 and EVDO
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDustin View Post
    i don't know how about you guys but i am a VZW Pre Plus and i'm running webos 2.0 now..yeah..and i also saw the link for AT&T Pre Plus and Pre Sprint too..if you guys want i can take some picture for u..i try to stick with it but i guess i'm gonna go back to 1.4.5 even 2.0 is beautiful..really beautiful..but no overclocked..which mean it kinda slowly..
    No, you won't be going back to 1.4.5. At least, not with the same profile. Once login to your profile on a 2.0 device, that's it, your profile can't go back.

Honestly all this leaked doctor crap makes me angry. Non-disclosure agreements are legally binding contracts, and someone basically just took a dump on theirs by leaking these doctors out onto the internet. The early access program lets developers ensure their applications are ready for the next update. It's a good program that could be ruined by the dirtbag who leaked the doctors.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    No, you won't be going back to 1.4.5. At least, not with the same profile. Once login to your profile on a 2.0 device, that's it, your profile can't go back.

Honestly all this leaked doctor crap makes me angry. Non-disclosure agreements are legally binding contracts, and someone basically just took a dump on theirs by leaking these doctors out onto the internet. The early access program lets developers ensure their applications are ready for the next update. It's a good program that could be ruined by the dirtbag who leaked the doctors.
    No need to get so angry. All of these people could be developers with access to these doctors and have a spare phone to try 2.x.x on. Which ISN'T illegal. They are sharing information which they did sign an NDA so that is illegal. But I really haven't seen any information that I've not heard about already from P|C.

The ones who obtain it illegally should try a more reasonable way of getting it, like the early access program and maybe trying to actually develop a program as well as being able to use the new OS's.

But really, 2.x is coming out soon enough and I'm pretty sure everyone already knows the details of it. (At least most of the details)
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    No need to get so angry. All of these people could be developers with access to these doctors and have a spare phone to try 2.x.x on. Which ISN'T illegal. They are sharing information which they did sign an NDA so that is illegal. But I really haven't seen any information that I've not heard about already from P|C.

The ones who obtain it illegally should try a more reasonable way of getting it, like the early access program and maybe trying to actually develop a program as well as being able to use the new OS's.

But really, 2.x is coming out soon enough and I'm pretty sure everyone already knows the details of it. (At least most of the details)
    I just did a google search and found the doctors hosted online. Whoever posted them online violated their NDA. And anyone in the early access program shouldn't go onto a forum and say "oh my friend emailed me this doctor" just so they can pretend they didn't sign an NDA so they can talk about it.

I just don't want to see a good program get fouled up by people who can't follow the rules. I see it happen all the time at my work. And really its the principle of the thing.
    I agree with you, I don't want anything to get fouled up but I'd say right now it's not a huge deal. They practically let ANYONE in the early access program.. I'm not quite sure why, but they do.

Posting it though, I definitely disagree with. That should be taken off, but you can't shut down warez sites without another one popping up. Also, a lot of the crap is hosted on overseas/foreign sites, so you can't do much about that.
    Sprint Love
    well hot damn! I had my old Pre sitting half dead in my junk bin. found the link and flashed it back to boost to get my profile and i'm just blown away but how great it runs! its like a brand new phone/beast. you can kinda tell its not the final version because it has a "beta" label and stock icon for an app. stacking cards, transitions and overall speed of the device is awesome compared to when i gave up on palm! Cant wait for new hardware to muck up(teardown and label testpoints) or even a palmpad.

I'd post a video up if anyone is interested but dont feel like being banned. it perfectly safe to use this rom although maybe not in the legal sense. Love the HP Boot up logo
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Well I managed to find the link and get WebOS 2.0 on my Sprint Pre. So far I like it. The only thing that's bothering me is that it wouldn't allow me to login to my existing Palm profile. It kept telling me that my data couldn't be restore and to try again in a while. I went ahead and just created a new one. However now that I'm on a new profile, I need to pay again for apps that I'd already paid for. That's more a little frustrating. I'm holding off on buying any apps for now. Hopefully once this reaches full release I'll be able to re-doctor my phone and get into my original Palm profile and get access to all my paid apps again.

On a side-note... I really do like 2.0. It's definitely a bit laggy, but overall not so bad. It's definitely slower than my phone on 1.4.5. with Uberkernel.
    There is a reason why it's laggy...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by semahjiscool View Post
    Just thought you guys should know I'm testing out all the features it wouldn't let me sign into my old palm profile so i had to make a new one ill keep ya updated.
    update: i can make calls but after i hang up it gives me this annoying message saying my call was drop.
    update 2: sprint data does work but i think text messaging is broken you also can download from the app catalog
    update3: flash works perfectly

Big update 4: i now have the sprint rom which is more final then the gsm rom it also has less bugs, it has voice dial and the sprint music store but you still have amazon mp3 and texting works u also can sign into your profile.
    more pics on next page
    how big was your .jar file?
    Honestly I just doctored back to the latest sprint because it really is useless not having your paid apps. I got a taste, and it was satisfying enough for me. Flash worked just fine, and im really digging on the exhibition mode. Lots of potential there.
    I found a link to the webos doctor for 2.0 leaked out for palm pre & plus users on sprint.
    i dont know if it be against the rules to post it but i wanted to know what u guys would think about it first?

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    I believe this was already discussed and it can't be posted.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    it is against the rules of the forum to post, request or link to such things.

the homebrew community is well supported by palm because of the respect that the community here has for the intellectual property of HP and Palm

hp and palm make webOS available to download on there own terms and servers, and posting copies of that held outside of there control without there permission is not supported on the forums.

thank you for checking in first before posting it
    There are four lights.
    Thanks windzilla! I knew someone would pop in with more specifics.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I like my Pre Minus on 1.4.5 with Screenstate 500/1000. I think Ill leave it that way.. Why go to the doctor if your not sick?

Kthxbye.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast