Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Correct, but they do have the carrier info attached to the doctor, so they aren't bootlegged/altered like the other modified doctors.
    i was wondering if webos 2 supports wma?
    Are you still without texting?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Rod tweeted that even if you update your Pre minuses to 2.0 it will still be annoying to use without over clocking. Thats really sad news... I am very used to 1.2 Ghz or at least 1 Ghz. Anyone here who has 2.0 on their Pre minuses know anything about the overclocking kernels for it?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Rod tweeted that even if you update your Pre minuses to 2.0 it will still be annoying to use without over clocking. Thats really sad news... I am very used to 1.2 Ghz or at least 1 Ghz. Anyone here who has 2.0 on their Pre minuses know anything about the overclocking kernels for it?

Thanks!
    I wouldn't worry about the OC-ing thing...

That's all I'll say.
    This isnt meant to go against forum rules and if it does then please remove it. Right now is it possible to download the webos 2.0 doc from palm and use it on a sprint pre
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the OC-ing thing...

That's all I'll say.
    Even though you said "That's all I'll say." I am compelled to ask you if that means 1. It won't need over clocking (Because if it didn't why would Rod say to not upgrade it until OC kernels come out for it). or 2. Kernels are ready but you guys are waiting until 2.0 get released officially to come out. (Rod again tweeted that they will have to wait for Palm to release the source for it which can be weeks after the doctor is out.)

Haha sorry I am very curious about this.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    This isnt meant to go against forum rules and if it does then please remove it. Right now is it possible to download the webos 2.0 doc from palm and use it on a sprint pre
    I can answer this... but I wont because I dont wanna be in trouble. However, with that sentence you should be able to figure out what the answer is

However, do not ask for the link... Someone posted it a day or two ago and then like 20 minutes later the post disappeared... and no one heard from the OP again... Not that I remember who the OP was haha
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Are you still without texting?
    no I can text
  10.    #110  
    and people I'm telling you now it sucks without overclocking I've been running this at 500mhz and it sucks....and this isn't some bootleg doctor someone hacked up in there moms basement.
    Im going to go on a limb and say not all pre's are equal. I believe this statement to be very very true. I actually havent touched over clocking since i got a replacement preand am completely happy with my replacement pre. It has a moment or two when it makes me mad, but nothing like it used to, even my oc pre wasnt always that great. I think some peoples pre's run better then others thus 2.0 may seem even smoother on someone elses pre then on your own. Im not sure why performance varies but it does.
    The big suck is gonna come for the Pixi Minuses that get 2.0, then.

I'm in for some big suck, I guess.

13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Im going to go on a limb and say not all pre's are equal. I believe this statement to be very very true. I actually havent touched over clocking since i got a replacement preand am completely happy with my replacement pre. It has a moment or two when it makes me mad, but nothing like it used to, even my oc pre wasnt always that great. I think some peoples pre's run better then others thus 2.0 may seem even smoother on someone elses pre then on your own. Im not sure why performance varies but it does.
    all new fresh pre are semi-fast its just webos 2.0 dosent really make the phone faster just makes transitions smoother like scrolling but dont forget i dont have a final version of web os 2.0 so that also contributes to the slowness
    I plan on becoming an active member of this forum time to start posting
    how can anyone trust the link of supposed sprint 2.0 that the person posted illegally? I am glad it was pulled for safety. Can anyone even confirm that it even worked? Or did it ruin anyones phone? I am more than happy to wait for a polished version
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    how can anyone trust the link of supposed sprint 2.0 that the person posted illegally? I am glad it was pulled for safety. Can anyone even confirm that it even worked? Or did it ruin anyones phone? I am more than happy to wait for a polished version
    well it worked for me....just sayin
    the one from a few days ago
    do you like it better than 1.4.5? Dont you miss the patches?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by semahjiscool View Post
    ....and this isn't some bootleg doctor someone hacked up in there moms basement.
    But it is pre-released version of a Beta of the OS. It hasn't been released yet, so just because you may see bugs or speed lags doesn't mean the final version will experience the same issues. That being said, I can't imagine the Sprint Pre running anything perfectly without being overclocked.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    But it is pre-released version of a Beta of the OS. It hasn't been released yet, so just because you may see bugs or speed lags doesn't mean the final version will experience the same issues. That being said, I can't imagine the Sprint Pre running anything perfectly without being overclocked.
    yea ur right its not final but web os 2.0 is not gonna preform any mircles in the speed department even in the final version first the pre is not a fast phone and it does not even have the bare min. Now and days when it comes to ram
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    do you like it better than 1.4.5? Dont you miss the patches?
    I love it but I don't really miss the patches because I have preware on my phone right now I just miss my overclocks