Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I think all that was trying to be shown was that it does work on a Pre as opposed to Pre 2. ( as it was said to work ) but being that nobody REALLY knows as nobody has had a real update, aside from these bootlegs. There was some speculation that 2.x was not going to be released to old hardware in a push to get people to buy the new hardware and also speculation that it wouldn't be backwards compatible, so maybe that's what the whole point of the thread is.
    Palm and the carriers have been clear that it would be delivered to all current devices. Now that we've established that it works, let's all head over to the PalmPad forum to see what's been leaking recently. The stuff they develop to optimize a giant screen and virtual keyboard will be much more interesting than what is already running on the Pre2, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    Was it Unclear when Palm had stated that Webos 2.0 will come to All webos devices (past and presant)? The OTA has yet to be available for anyone in the States unless uve got a Pre 2. Sprint (Pres n Pixis)
    Verizon (Pre Plus n Pixi Plus)
    Att (Pre Plus n Pixi Plus) are all waiting for the same OTA. It's not like Palm or Hp forgot about their userbase. The OTA will arrive when it Arrives n no sooner.
    Unclear to me.....no....unclear(or just unbelieving) to some.....yes (I'm not going to search around and try and dig up some examples, but I know I've read such posts in the past)

It could also just be fun for these people to show off their 2.x on their Pre's to the rest of the world

Shout out for Bell, O2, Vodaphone customers too

And for the record, "shown was that it does work on a Pre as opposed to Pre 2. ( as it was said to work ) but being that nobody REALLY knows as nobody has had a real update" -- all I was getting at was NOBODY has seen 2.whatever on anything but a Pre2, that's it, that's all. I have NEVER believed that it wasn't going to happen, just saying there are some out there that would like to believe it isn't going to happen
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #83  
    everybody just calm down there was really no point to this thread but to inform the general public of precentral that there is still hope in palm I wanted to let them see/know from my point of veiw how good or how bad web Os 2.0 is no need to turn this into a full-scale flame war, were all on the same side here and that's palm(I still refuse to say hp) so lets pretend this is grade school, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all. A lot of people appreciate this thread I made and if your not one of them...well no one is forcing you to be here....just saying
    Last edited by semahjiscool; 01/19/2011 at 10:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Semahjiscool,

Nicley said.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    Semahjiscool,

Nicley said.
    thx
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    And for the record, "shown was that it does work on a Pre as opposed to Pre 2. ( as it was said to work ) but being that nobody REALLY knows as nobody has had a real update" -- all I was getting at was NOBODY has seen 2.whatever on anything but a Pre2...)
    Serious question: I thought that developers using Sprint hardware had been using 2.x for development for quite a while. Was that not the case? I swear I read that somewhere, but it's not worth searching for ).

Haven't early access developers been running 2.x on older phones?

Also, I agree with the OP that there is no reason for complaining or arguing.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Serious question: I thought that developers using Sprint hardware had been using 2.x for development for quite a while. Was that not the case? I swear I read that somewhere, but it's not worth searching for ).

Also, I agree with the OP that there is no reason for complaining or arguing.
    I think devs use the emulator and the unlocked pre 2s I could be wrong though. I know they prob have the know how on how to put it on a pre(minus) but is not needed for testin purposes once again I could be wrong or just complety misread your post lol.
    semahjiscool.... great job.. great posts.. Thanks from Atlantic City, Dirty Jersey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

The NDA doesn't allow the devs to acknowledge that.
    All I can say is that I just released a new version of dr.battery for webOS 2.0 without having a pre2 but a pre- ;-)
    EDIT: And there is no way of testing it in the emulator.
    hi
    got 2 Questions hope you don't mind answering

1. does webos 2.0.1 support flash 10 for sprint palm pre- with 256 RAM
    or only pre plus supports flash with 512MB of ram

1. Does the browser now have user agent option change to view mobile pages as desktop version. (as some pages don't show an option for desktop or full experience page example: a d u l t s w i m .com

this comes as i have 2 options get an evo shift with $150 upgrade credit from sprint.

get a Palm pre from craigslist for $85 + $65 for extended battery life battery
    as long it can do flash I'm happy. total $150

couldn't wait for Palm to get there act together and get flash out the door so i gave my palm pre with extendad battery to my mom so i can't take it back now
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by ATT-Half View Post
    hi

or only pre plus supports flash with 512MB of ram

1. Does the browser now have user agent option change to view mobile pages as desktop version. (as some pages don't show an option for desktop or full experience page example: a d u l t s w i m .com

this comes as i have 2 options get an evo shift with $150 upgrade credit from sprint.

get a Palm pre from craigslist for $85 + $65 for extended battery life battery
    as long it can do flash I'm happy. total $150

couldn't wait for Palm to get there act together and get flash out the door so i gave my palm pre with extendad battery to my mom so i can't take it back now
    yes it has flash 10. It works very well but it prob works a lot better on a pre plus because of more ram

2.sadly no there is no user agent
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    The NDA doesn't allow the devs to acknowledge that.
    All I can say is that I just released a new version of dr.battery for webOS 2.0 without having a pre2 but a pre- ;-)
    EDIT: And there is no way of testing it in the emulator.
    see I was wrong lol
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    semahjiscool.... great job.. great posts.. Thanks from Atlantic City, Dirty Jersey!
    your welcome from trenton, DIRTY JERSEY that means a lot thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATT-Half View Post
    hi

1. Does the browser now have user agent option change to view mobile pages as desktop version.
    Even though you got an answer:
    If there is a version out for the devs it would be a developer version with huge debugging stuff activated.
    It don't have to have much in common with the real version. Except some api's and interfaces.
    Quote Originally Posted by semahjiscool View Post
    your welcome from trenton, DIRTY JERSEY that means a lot thx.
    Another thanks from a trenton resident!
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    Another thanks from a trenton resident!
    small world lol
    I would prefer to wait, for what was announced. That is an altered version of the ROM and you use it, Your treading in Dangerous Waters, no guarantee you personal data and passwords will remain safe. It's not worth the chance.
    + The Search Function is your Best Friend!
    + Reading the Entire Phone Manual can be Very Enlightening!
    + Want to thank someone here for helping you? Throw them a "Thanks"!
    not worth it. Who knows if those bootleg doctor even work. Just yesterday someone posted a link to a sprint 2.0 doctor...so he says.
    I'm pretty sure the actual WebOS 2.0 doctors are out there already.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I'm pretty sure the actual WebOS 2.0 doctors are out there already.
    I've heard that there are webosdoc's avail for devs.
    But these are DEV doc's and not for productive daily use.