Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Oh no. HP logo has replaced the palm logo during the boot sequence. Was this the case in the Pre 2?
    Really.......you're surprised???? HP DID buy Palm over half a year ago now
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Nah its cool. I'm not looking for any of that. Actually I do have a question, what build are you using?
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carkid367 View Post
    Has the sprint nav been updated yet? I want some of those newer features!!!!
    and what newer features are you talking about because I didn't use Nat al ot
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Oh no. HP logo has replaced the palm logo during the boot sequence. Was this the case in the Pre 2?
    No, it is still a Palm logo on the Pre 2 running 2.0.1
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Hi, ya that was me who said that thing about the jagged edges on the cards. I wonder what weirdo would delete that. If that's the case (which I doubt it is) I will just stay with 1.4.5. I don't think any good company would leave something with jagged edges, it's tacky. Anyway I would like to know why it was deleted That bothers me. Oh ya, somebody said something about "I wonder if the profile issue has anything to do with changes that might be made allowing more than one device to be signed in using the same profile?"

Ya, this is most likely correct since Engadget "found out" that the tablet could be linked to your webOS phone for "tap to share" and to answer calls or messages on either device.
    like I said its not even jagged on the phone that much you barley notice it
    What are you talking about? That is J A G G E D.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    It's a low resolution screen. Doubt webOS has much, if any, anti-aliasing support yet.
    @Ursula......nice presentation
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  10.    #70  
    wow what I'm trying to tell you is It does not look like that on the actual phone it only looks like that on a computer....but nice presention
    Sorry if it seemed drastic, but I don't want my phone to look like a somebody forgot to check anti-alias in photoshop.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Sorry if it seemed drastic, but I don't want my phone to look like a somebody forgot to check anti-alias in photoshop.
    just chill out lol trust me it looks nothing like that
    I've been running 2.0.1 on a Pre minus for weeks. The rotation is jaged, but it doesn't bother me at all and I'm an interface designer. Its using a lazy scaling algorithm for efficiency at the moment.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I've been running 2.0.1 on a Pre minus for weeks. The rotation is jaged, but it doesn't bother me at all and I'm an interface designer. Its using a lazy scaling algorithm for efficiency at the moment.
    yea its is but I'm saying its not as jagged as it is in the pic above...what I'm saying its not as dramtic on the phone screen
    It's very clear to me that 2.0.1 is using the GPU. UI is very smooth.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Shall we remember that this is a Leaked 2.0 rom and not the Final OTA update that the Gentleman has. For those of you who wish to see perfection in the 2.0 ull just have to wait. I myself am on Sprint n I can't wait for 2.0 or 2.0.1 OTA. However I know that knitpicking isn't going to help anything or speedup the release of the OTA.

Semahjiscool was kind enough to inform and give us some insight on his leaked Dr of 2.0 and it's for sprint noless. Would it hurt to say ok cool, thanks man?

Instead picking about how jagged lines are in a doctor that's not even final.

We all Know Palm and that things will be ironed out and ready for delivery in a time that they and the Carriers see fit. Until that time we will just have to wait until Feb. 9.
    I'm a bit perplexed by this thread. I'm sure it's cool that someone actually has it running on Sprint hardware and even a few Sprint apps. But other than that, almost everything being asked and answered seems to be the same on the Pre2 running the same release of webOS. It seems that the 2.x anticipation thread, the Pre2 threads, the recent reviews... completely cover all of this info (even the rumored voice-dial) and there really isn't to see here.

Am I missing something? I agree with Tooley about being critical of a pre-release bootleg, but I also think there really isn't anything new or surprising here that hasn't been analyzed to death already, other than running it on a Pre Minus. Color me perplexed.

Pastorrich, you've git it running on a FrankenPre2 on Sprint, right? What am I missing here?
    I think all that was trying to be shown was that it does work on a Pre as opposed to Pre 2. ( as it was said to work ) but being that nobody REALLY knows as nobody has had a real update, aside from these bootlegs. There was some speculation that 2.x was not going to be released to old hardware in a push to get people to buy the new hardware and also speculation that it wouldn't be backwards compatible, so maybe that's what the whole point of the thread is.
    I just tried the voice dial. Works ok. Seems to take a while to bring up the results. I tried to get Bluetooth to work. The headset can activate voice dial, but I can only get the mic on the pre to listen. The headset doesn't listen. Looks like it's still being worked on.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Was it Unclear when Palm had stated that Webos 2.0 will come to All webos devices (past and presant)? The OTA has yet to be available for anyone in the States unless uve got a Pre 2. Sprint (Pres n Pixis)
    Verizon (Pre Plus n Pixi Plus)
    Att (Pre Plus n Pixi Plus) are all waiting for the same OTA. It's not like Palm or Hp forgot about their userbase. The OTA will arrive when it Arrives n no sooner.