Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't appreciate the comment by the NYT, but I do agree that the pre is a disappointment in terms of hardware and battery life.

I am wondering though, how many people with a plus have gone through more than one phone? I have two pre pluses and one of them is only a replacement because I lost the first one. The other is an ebay purchase and the only real problem with it is the keyboard. It's a little unresponsive to some keystrokes. and it seems to be a release day pre.
    The other was built in may apparently and is trouble free.

So, since ppl talk about 5+ phone replacements, I wonder how many of those are on sprint vs VZW?
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    I don't appreciate the comment by the NYT, but I do agree that the pre is a disappointment in terms of hardware and battery life.

I am wondering though, how many people with a plus have gone through more than one phone? I have two pre pluses and one of them is only a replacement because I lost the first one. The other is an ebay purchase and the only real problem with it is the keyboard. It's a little unresponsive to some keystrokes. and it seems to be a release day pre.
    The other was built in may apparently and is trouble free.

So, since ppl talk about 5+ phone replacements, I wonder how many of those are on sprint vs VZW?
    My 4 month old Pre Plus on VZW is doing great! No battery or hardware complaints. I love it. And I just ran into someone yesterday with a Sprint Pre, and she also loved it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    what if anything ever does meet expectations? -- rarely are the vast majority satisfied with the product or the price they paid for it
    I don't care that it didn't meet expectations. Poor marketing and getting the carriers to care was to blame. I am glad that we are picking up steam, albeit very slowly.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I was going to point out that the NYT is a loser newspaper but too many people beat me to it .
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Funny how people spit on the NYT now that it says something less than favorable about the Palm Pre but but were happy when Palm took out full page ads in the same publication about the same product.
    This is my third replacement. And I just accept the flaw and live with it. I could've easiest gone for fourth replacement, but I gave up on Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Funny how people spit on the NYT now that it says something less than favorable about the Palm Pre but but were happy when Palm took out full page ads in the same publication about the same product.
    Maybe it's not the same people. There are a lot of people on this forum. Unless you specifically remember the names of people who earlier praised the NYT and are now ridiculing it.
    On SPRINT i would say the pre will be a loser phone... in that why would anyone want a pre on sprint if it is not 4G but you are paying 4G pricing on it.

Sprint increasing 3G data plan pricing by $10/mo, calling it 'premium data' -- Engadget
    "Android is not a single phone, but rather an operating system developed by Google that allowed cellphone manufacturers to approximate the look and feel of an iPhone"

Everyone is taking offense to the "loser phone" comment and commneting on how inaccurate, unprofesional,or just plain wrong it is. However his description of what android is is totally incorrect too.
    While that is surely not the "purpose" of Android he is correct in the sense that it did "allow" some manufactures to do that.
    You're a loser phone.
    Ha take that society.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12