Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    When entering the code on the screen keypad to get Verizon voice mail, frequently the number pushed doesn't register, even though it may or may not beep, it doesn't show up and doesn't work, so voice mail says incorrect code. Even pushing the number several times doesn't register, other times it works fine. Verizon said to do a hard reset of the phone, taking the battery out doesn't work. I have tried that in the past, still have problem. Also, frequently after the 2nd code number out of 4 is pressed, the screen turns black when the 3rd number is almost touched, then comes back on, goes off again when try to touch, etc.
    Last edited by mrdunn; 01/14/2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added more information
    you can just hit the little symbol in the lower left corner and it will call vzw voicemail.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you can just hit the little symbol in the lower left corner and it will call vzw voicemail.
    Calling is not the problem, it is entering the code to retrieve the voicemail message that is the problem.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    After many hours on the phone with Verizon and with Palm, none of which was any help, we went to a local Verizon store, and was shown the problem. When a finger went near the proximity detector on the upper right of the phone face, the screen blanks out- nothing wrong with the phone, just the placement of the fingers! Also, the area was covered by an Invisashield that was dirty under the shield. Hopefully, this will solve the problem we were having.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    The Pre is notorious for lags in dialing from the keypad. Just hit the number you want, and if nothing happens, wait for it.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    The problem is that the screen blanks when I get near it, so I cannot dial anything.
    You just have to come in from the "south" instead of hovering your hand over the sensor. I just tried it on mine, and you have to be well above the 3 to activate the sensor. If you're using your thumb, that may be the problem. Try holding the phone in one hand and typing with your other index finger...

Or you could always change your passcode to all 7s or 0s! jk