Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    is freeteher really free? I'm on verizon and I need to know if goes toward my 5gb for mobile hotspot or if goes off data (i pay 30 for unlimited data and web acess)
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/14/2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Clarified Title
    The current wisdom is that it looks like regular phone data as long as the MHS app isn't running. Test it first to see what shows up a few days later on your myVerizon page to make sure Verizon hasn't gotten smarter recently.
    If you're on Verizon, Mobile Hot Spot should be free. You'll have that 5gb cap, but you shouldn't have to worry about that too much...
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    okthanks!
    I thought verizon gave mobile hotspot service for free to webos users.
    The app is free 2 use. But your provider may not want that u use it. You have to check your contract.
    I hate that some provider offer you "full internet" on your device. But if you read the fine print you'r not allowed to VoIP, Tether or what ever.
    I wish I could just pay one time for DATA access and be able to use that, on my phone, tablet, net book, laptop, desktop, PS3; at my parents house, at my apartment at college, and while mobile. (obviously not all at once)

Why, Why, Why
    With GSM you almost have that. Stick the sim into phone, tablet, USB stick and you have it.