1.    #1  
    I had to run Doctor to reset my Pre+ and it is listing the webOS version as 1.4.1.1

How do I get 1.4.5, or am I just a complete moron and have the most up to date version?

Thanks!
    I looks you choose the wrong doc. Depending of your region of activation you should see the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSFA View Post
    I had to run Doctor to reset my Pre+ and it is listing the webOS version as 1.4.1.1

How do I get 1.4.5, or am I just a complete moron and have the most up to date version?

Thanks!
    You tap the System Update icon and it should tell you there is an update available.

You can also download the most current OS for your carrier/device from www.palm.com/rom
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    You may want to get it from here
    Only the most recent versions are available. Choose your device and provider
  5.    #5  
    Thanks everyone. I knew 1.4.5 was out there somewhere. Next question though, does this have to be done OTA or can it be downloaded and then transferred over. I'm not in an area where I have access to wifi at the current time, but can save to my PC.
    Thanks everyone. I knew 1.4.5 was out there somewhere. Next question though, does this have to be done OTA or can it be downloaded and then transferred over. I'm not in an area where I have access to wifi at the current time, but can save to my PC.
    Didn't you read my post and followed my link? There should be this version.
    EDIT: If you didn't see the link in the mobile version of precentral, this would be the second time someone didn't see such link. Is there q problem with the mobile site?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    EDIT: If you didn't see the link in the mobile version of precentral, this would be the second time someone didn't see such link. Is there q problem with the mobile site?
    I'm not on the mobile site. I've been trying to download the update from the Update Icon but I'm not near wifi and its sloooooooow.

Will the link to the 1.4.5 version of Doctor that you kindly provided simply update my phone or will it cause it to reset everything again and then I have to start all over?
    .... but can save to my PC.
    This is no OTA Update. It's a doctor which you have to apply with a PC/MAC.
    EDIT: It will reset everything except the USB partition. You can use preware -> save packet list and save/restore to save the list of packages and patches you have applied with preware to get it installed after.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Until he reached 10 posts, he couldn't see links. I see that the OP just hit eleven posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Until he reached 10 posts, he couldn't see links. I see that the OP just hit eleven posts.
    I forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.
  11.    #11  
    Let me clarify...
    Yes, I know that Doctor is not an OTA and resides on my PC.

I was trying to simply update my OS version OTA through the update icon as I was trying to avoid having to reinstall everything for the third time in 2 days but it keeps losing connection during the download because I can't connect to a wifi where I am.

I was completely ignorant of the Save/Restore option in Preware but still don't quite understand how that helps me. I understand that the correct version of Doctor will put 1.4.5 back on my phone, but after that I'm a little lost. I'm presuming that when Doctor resets the phone, Preware will no longer be there. I will have to download/install it again. How does it know what I saved?

I've been a little frustrated trying to search through the forums trying to find a solution, but sometimes you guys talk in a completely different language or assume that all Pre owners have spent countless hours playing with their phones and understand what you're talking about. Even some of the "step by step" directions for doing things make assumptions. For example, I read and re-read the steps for installing Preware. Nowhere does it say anything about having to put your phone in developer mode before you connect it to the PC. I kept getting the error message that it couldn't find my device. I finally decided to search for the keywords "device not found" and then hunt until I found something that told me how to put the phone into developer mode. After that, all was fine. Wouldn't it simply save people a little headache to put that as step 1, and then tell how to do that?

Sorry for the rant, but if you'll note that, as stated above, I've only reached 11 posts. That should indicate that I'm definitely not an expert with this thing. Don't get me wrong, I am very appreciative of the help, but maybe you should talk slooowwwer to the newbies...LOL

I've got the Save/Restore on my phone. Now how do I get back to that after I run the latest Doctor?

Thanks everyone...
    I totally understand your frustration. For the helping ppl. it's not easy to remember all the steps or are getting tiered to always repeat all the steps.
    You should get the update OTA. I would wait until I get a good connection.
    The whole process of save and restore is some kind of complex and wasn't your initial problem.
    We try to answer the questions in short form. We have learned all that by trying and searching.
    There are a lot of threads about save and restore.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks. I appreciate the advice. And hope I didn't offend...