Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I have been overlocking since day one with with my Pre Minus, never ran into any issues but there was one that @ 1st was not a major problem to me but recently it has gotten worse. And the issue is about the battery life and how it is displayed..

I first I started noticing this last year (Dec 09) were on my battery icon whould state that it was either @ 30 or 20% and then out of no where. I would just drop to 0% and get the notification of that the phone would turn off soon. Now when this 1st happened I noticed that even if it gave me that warning, I would continue using as normal and would stay on for a longer period of time (about 30 mins more).. Which lead me to believe that it was still at 30 or 20% and that it was just the icon reading it incorrectly. Fine I could live with that..

I also thought that it may have been a hardware issue but since Dec 09 I have been through about 3 more Pre Minuses which I overclocked those as well and would notice the same issue occur again.. But as I stated this time around it has gotten worse.. 2 days ago I was on my train ride home from work and was of course playing Angry Birds Lol.. My battery % read 78%!!! out of no where BAM!! 0% But unlike the other times where I would get that notification and still be able to use the phone for another 30 mins.. I shut down a minute after I got the notification..

It's also happens vice versa now... Yesterday I was charging my phone a work trying to get it to 100% before I leave to go home but it just wasnt charging it.. Or a least I thought it wasnt, cus it was just staying at 35%.. The battery icon had the lil thunder bolt and everything but nothing, but then out of now where.. BAM!! it just jumped to 100%.. This morning again had it around 80%~ and out of no where dropped down to 0% and yesterday I installed that patch to display the correct battery % but as you can see with this morning that didnt help

Has any of you fellow forum memeber experienced this??? More importantly has any of you guys who DONT OVERCLOCK experienced this?? Would love your guys input and thanx in advance Jez
    This has nothing to do with OC. It' the old battery.
    Please read some pages (first post, and last pages) on Dr.Battery (my sig), calibrate your battery and as a result:
    buy a new one for less than 5$ from amazon
    Last edited by somline; 01/14/2011 at 11:46 AM.
    There is a fix for that. Dr. Battery can be found in Preware by Somline. You can re-calibrate the chip that's inside your battery.

beaten to the punch lol.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    try using the Dr. Battery app to re calibrate your battery. also it will tell you the health of your battery and how much of a full charge your battery will hold. If you got a refurbished replacement phone alot of times you can end up getting an old battery. you can pick up a new one for cheap at amazon for around $3.
    If you have had that battery since Dec of 2009, it's time for a new battery. I suggest that you snag a Mugen 1400 for the best results, or buy several stock Palm batteries on Amazon.com for cheap.
    I want to add:
    I had the same problem after 3/4 year with NO overclocking.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Whew! Can I just say 'thanks' to you, Jezer! I thought I was having this happen due to hardware problem, etc., and didn't want to post it (maybe I'd done something wrong somewhere along the line, especially since some posters have a way of being a bit condescending to those of us who don't speak webos code or techie slang).

I experience this frequently (daily whether my original battery or my newer one), yet my phone will run another 20 or 30 minutes. Weird.
    Here's a link to the Palm battery over at Amazon:

Amazon.com: Palm Standard Battery for Palm Pixi and Palm Pre: Cell Phones & Accessories

Right now, it's $3.49 with free shipping!
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If you have had that battery since Dec of 2009, it's time for a new battery. I suggest that you snag a Mugen 1400 for the best results, or buy several stock Palm batteries on Amazon.com for cheap.
    No I havent had the battery since Dec 09.. I have replaced my Pre like 3 times from that time and the batteries they came with where new.. I also use 2 batteries, one I have as a back up in my wallet incase my phone dies on me and Im no where near a charger..

I guess Ima try out that Dr. Battery thing to see it that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    I guess Ima try out that Dr. Battery thing to see it that helps
    Please don't name it "that thing" ;-)
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ses2017 View Post
    Whew! Can I just say 'thanks' to you, Jezer! I thought I was having this happen due to hardware problem, etc., and didn't want to post it (maybe I'd done something wrong somewhere along the line, especially since some posters have a way of being a bit condescending to those of us who don't speak webos code or techie slang).

I experience this frequently (daily whether my original battery or my newer one), yet my phone will run another 20 or 30 minutes. Weird.
    Lol Np.. But that exactly what Im talking about.. It happens to me EVERYDAY if or whenever it get to the 20~30% mark.. But with it happening to me at 78% I was like.. Man Ima have to go to the forums with this lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by ses2017 View Post
    Don't ever be afraid to post on P|C if you have any questions! That's what we're here for... lol
    Refer to it as either "Dr Battery" or "The Miracle App", but never "that thing", right?

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Please don't name it "that thing" ;-)
    Lol.. Gotcha
    Before you have to ask in the Dr.Battery thread:
    There is the value we call "health". You may have 95% atm. After calibration you will have e.g. 60%.
    The device is then reporting a battery life of 60% of a new battery. This is your true value. You will get the 20% warning much more early than before calibrating.
    But it will most likely go smooth to 0%, without jump, before shutdown because the chip inside the battery is now reporting the true capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Don't ever be afraid to post on P|C if you have any questions! That's what we're here for... lol
    +1
    This is the nicest forum I was part of. Very seldom I saw some rude "why didn't you search" or so.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Well thanx for the input I've downloaded the "Miracle App" lol I'll see how it goes in the next day or 2 and update ya.. Thanx again and have a good wknd everyone
    Mine's been dying like this lately too, it caught me at 9:15AM on an all day business trip with no charger. :|

50% health, calibrated, and was still dying, so I swapped it out for another battery I had on hand, hopefully this one lasts me through the Sprint and HP announcements in early February.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
    50% health, calibrated, and was still dying...
    49/50% is the lowest possible value saved in the chip. That means: you may have less than that and will still see the sudden drop to 0%
    EDIT: You may not believe it but batteries are considered worn out below 80%. But you will get this in less than a year with a pre or pixi.
    Ahh, well that definitely explains it. I've had this phone and battery since October of 2009 so it's surprising I've gotten this much mileage out of it. The spare has been barely used.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast