1.    #1  
    Hello all. I am having issues with my att palm pre plus. Randomly, I cannot get picture or video messages. Sometimes I get a pic message fine, other times (even with 4 or 5 bars) I get a "failed to download" message. I have called ATT and palm. The latest call with ATT, the guy went through all these steps such as resetting the whole phone. It worked after the call (yesterday), but today it is happening again. I also get dropped calls all the time. I do notice that the coverage at my address is 'moderate'. But, my wife is on the same plan with an old crappy phone, and she never has issues with pic messages or dropped calls. Why is it with a 'smart' phone, I get nothing but inconsistent crap.

I would like some advice on what to do. Pursue warranty? Try to get out of the contract and go with verizon? Smash my phone into bits?

Besides these issues, I like the phone itself. I have a feeling it is not the phone, but ATTs service. aggravating.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmsen1 View Post
    Hello all. I am having issues with my att palm pre plus. Randomly, I cannot get picture or video messages. Sometimes I get a pic message fine, other times (even with 4 or 5 bars) I get a "failed to download" message. I have called ATT and palm. The latest call with ATT, the guy went through all these steps such as resetting the whole phone. It worked after the call (yesterday), but today it is happening again. I also get dropped calls all the time. I do notice that the coverage at my address is 'moderate'. But, my wife is on the same plan with an old crappy phone, and she never has issues with pic messages or dropped calls. Why is it with a 'smart' phone, I get nothing but inconsistent crap.

I would like some advice on what to do. Pursue warranty? Try to get out of the contract and go with verizon? Smash my phone into bits?

Besides these issues, I like the phone itself. I have a feeling it is not the phone, but ATTs service. aggravating.

Thanks.
    Pursue warranty, then before sending the old one back, smash it into tiny bits, and remove the comms board, I'll pay you cash for it. Will help cover the deductable since you'll need to use the insurance for this instead of warranty.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/15/2011 at 12:33 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Pursue warranty, then before sending the old one back, smash it into tiny bits, and remove the comms board, I'll pay you cash for it. Will help cover the deductable since you'll need to use the insurance for this instead of warranty.
    Thanks, but I don't think I have insurance on this phone. It would be fun to smash it though. I almost did it out of rage the other day when I got my umpteenth dropped call and that $%#$%$% loud alert went off in my ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmsen1 View Post
    Hello all. I am having issues with my att palm pre...
    I had the exact same problem and ended up swapping my phone. Ended up having to swap a couple times due to issues with the refurb unit, but that's beside the point.

FWIW, I really think that there is a deep-rooted problem with webOS, dropping and/or failling to re-establish the phone's data connection after coming off WiFi or losing service. I think I'm gonna start a thread tracking all the complaints that my (admittedly non-technical) observations lead me to this decision.

I'll probably put it in the webOS section since it seems to be affecting different models and carriers.

Good luck.

Mals
    I have to add, when I was using my Sprint Pre, I never had a problem, however my roommate frequently does on his Verizon Pre +.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    After several calls with ATT (everyone says something different, morons), they had me try to use the WebOs doctor. I tried it twice at home and got the same error twice: "failed to restart your phone". So now, I have to call Palm support. After that, if they can't resolve the issue, ATT will replace the phone. I am a little worried about them replacing it with a refurbished phone rather than a new one. Oh well, I will see what happens. I am thinking that the phone is fine, but ATTs coverage is crap in my area. Sometimes in my house, the phone has no bars and says SOS only. My wife's freebie crap phone always has good coverage. Very frustrating.
    You could get a femtocell, but AT&T will charge.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I've recently (as in the past month) started having this trouble even with a good signal. Every couple of hours I will have to disable data for a couple of seconds to reset. I know a few iPhone users who have the same trouble in the same locations. I think it is an AT&T issue.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonemorrow View Post
    I've recently (as in the past month) started having this trouble even with a good signal. Every couple of hours I will have to disable data for a couple of seconds to reset. I know a few iPhone users who have the same trouble in the same locations. I think it is an AT&T issue.
    I think so too. AT&T is replacing my phone, but I have a feeling that there is no problem with the phone. Oh well, we will see what happens when I get the new one.