Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As many of you may know I have been waiting for my replacement battery from Palm. I just received it today and it has a new look for it. No where does it BP1. I'll include a picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    that looks like my old Palm Centro battery.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    that looks like my old Palm Centro battery.
    I'd never know. I've only had a Pre Plus. They said it was a Palm Pre replacement battery, along with the note that came with it
    Yep, that's exactly what the Centro batteries look like.

Sent from my eVo, via Llazy Llama Llinguistics™
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Isnt that the old battery? Like the Centro/Treo type one. Might be wrong tho
  6.    #6  
    The note inside the package said Palm Pre replacement battery, along with the service number
    Yep, it's a centro battery. You can tell by looking at the size of the little tabs that stick out on one side. they are a bit smaller.

The Treo battery was much larger and had round edges.

Where did the OP get that battery from? Oh, and it will work fine and has the same capacity. But it was probably made years ago so be sure to do a health check with drBattery right away.
  8.    #8  
    I got the battery from Palm, they sent it to me as a replacement. I checked it with drBattery after I put it in, 100% health
    Well, they've either changed the look, or they found a bunch of centro batteries in the basement. Take a look at the little tabs and compare the two batteries to see if they are the same.
  10.    #10  
    The new battery's tabs are a little larger
    Here's a pic of one, that I still have sitting here on the stand.

Since I'm only keeping my Pre as an emergency backup phone, I'm planning to send these spares to my son.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Here's a pic of one, that I still have sitting here on the stand.

Since I'm only keeping my Pre as an emergency backup phone, I'm planning to send these spares to my son.
    Your battery says: Rating: 3.7V(symbol)
    The number by caution is E200833

My battery says: Rating: 3.7VDC
    My number is MH29634
    The second number is going to differ, depending on when, where and who made it, I think.

14.    #14  
    I was going to assume so, but I decided to post it anyhow
    No problem, perhaps they used some older stock, or went back to that form factor, due to all the battery problems with the Pre.

16.    #16  
    That may be true. It definitely doesn't have the problem of losing contact with the contacts and causing the phone to turn off. It is very snug
    That's good. I had the problem with the original coming loose, with my.OEM battery, it was very annoying.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Curious though, if Palm recommended against using a Centro battery when the Pre was released, then why are they sending a Centro battery as a Pre replacement? ...just a thought...
    I've been switching between my original pre battery and by 3 year old Centro battery w/o any issues. They probably just have a ton of them laying around.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Oh, I know; I have seen plenty of people do that. I was just amused that Palm seems to be going against its own advice, that's all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast