Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Hello,
    So, my Palm Pre Plus has been giving me problems all week (Some Letters on the keyboard just won't work!) its been having this problem all week, & I've tried everything possible. Then, I contacted Palm via Palm Live Online Chat and told the representative my problem. He then gave me some troubleshooters and each failed. So, He set me up a SRO (Service Request Order) and I will be sending in my Palm Pre Plus to Palm for 5-7 days for service or replacement.

But Other than that, I started removing things off my phone before it got sent in such as (Preware) and I've noticed... Ever since Preware has been on my phone, the most battery life i'll EVER get is 5 hours MAX. now that I've taken off Preware and all Patches... I'm going on 18 hours with my Pre Plus and its still on 50% battery. I thought this was a great find and thought I'd let you guys know!

PATCHES SUCK UP ALOT OF BATTERY JUICE!!
    Which patches did you have installed?
    If this is not a troll, we do need to get to the bottom of this.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    If this is not a troll, we do need to get to the bottom of this.
    Some patches will cause a decrease in battery life, but most will not...
    Yeah, Preware itself doesn't suck the battery like that, but some patches do.

Sent from my eVo, via Llazy Llama Llinguistics™
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I've notcied the same. I've had I three ways. Overclocked + patches, patches only, and stock. Stock lasts me a whole dayish. If I work I aso turn it on airplane mode which ensures it'll last me the entire night even with heavy usage after work. With patches it'd last 2 hours or so after work in the same conditions, and with overclock, it'd last an hour. Iv also noticed less issues and in all honesty not that much lag if any. My current pre running at 500 runs just as fast as my old one clocked at 1ghz. There are some noticeable differences in speed and smoothness, but not nearly as many and in most cases it's more reliable and doesn't have major freezes constantly like my old phone did. Not sure if it was partially the phone. But I am using the same battery thus, as far as battery goes, I'd say stock is best for now.
    Hmmm, I have Preware installed with over 50 patches and UK and my Pre uses around 1.3% per hour at idle. I can easily go all day under normal use and still have 60% to 70% battery left.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Hmmm, I have Preware installed with over 50 patches and UK and my Pre uses around 1.3% per hour at idle. I can easily go all day under normal use and still have 60% to 70% battery left.
    I am about the same but there are days where I just kill my battery, so I have been carrying extra batteries.
    Preware DOES NOT cause a high battery drain. Specific patches may.
    Deja vu!

Sent from my eVo, via Llazy Llama Llinguistics™
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I now kep 3g data off when not in use, and am using an extended battery, so im very happy with battery life, with lots of patches and overlcoking. Before, with stock and reg battery, the drain was mostly from heavymedia, like videos, audio, streaming, and games, and a constant drain with 3g allways on. Extended + using 3g sparingly is the perfect combo for saving juice.
    the only way to get 18 hours is to turn off the 3g radio, or to put it in airplane mode and then leave it in a drawer.
    Patches shouldn't take battery life, as most are just changing certain lines of code. Some may, but I really think the only factor would be the overclocking..
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    specifics please. patches may or may not drain battery, but until people start disclosing what's on their phone there's not a lot of usefulness in saying that patches drain battery and it does not help troubleshooting if indeed a patch or patches are the culprit.

many of the HB developers work really hard on their own time to provide these patches for us to use, so it would be irresponsible to just throw out a blanket statement like that. there's nothing wrong with saying that a patch sucks battery, but use it as a troubleshooting post to help improve the experience for all.
    Unfortunately, we patch users put on a bunch of patches, so itd be hard to pinpoint a battery sucker unless we did it one at a time. It seems like most patchers ive seen put up numbers have something like 60 some odd patches.
    If we are to get to the bottom of this, the OP should list the patches he/she had on their phone.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the only way to get 18 hours is to turn off the 3g radio, or to put it in airplane mode and then leave it in a drawer.
    I believe there's patch for that. You know...to keep the phone calls and text messages coming but turn off the battery sucking data connection ;-)
    weak 3g signal will kill the battery quick. that said, patch the phone to the tilt. if needed, buy extra batteries from amazon.com for around $3 each.

Amazon.com: Palm Standard Battery for Palm Pixi and Palm Pre: Cell Phones & Accessories
    So is the OP ever going to come back? lol
    i hope, i wanna know what patches he or she had installed. lol.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast