Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I get probably 2 days battery life with Preware. I mean sure if I use the phone tons the battery life spirals rather quickly, but that's true of all phones.
    Hello, all. After watching this forum from the shadows, and reading up on Preware and the wonderful homebrew apps from the equally fabulous homebrew community, I finally decided to take the plunge. I haven't overclocked as yet; I wanted to ease into things, since I worry about battery life--so I installed some patches and apps, to "test drive" some homebrew goodness.

The 9 patches that I've installed on my Pre Plus are: 4x4 Icons v1; Battery Icon and %; Character Counter; Enable Add/Delete Pages; Glass Effect; Time Stamps Clean; Unhide Dev Mode Icon; More Reminder Alarm Times; and Snooze Duration Selection.

The apps I installed are: Preware; Save/Restore; Dr. Battery; Luna Manager; Internalz; and Govnah (but not Uberkernel, yet).

I thought everything was fine, until I discovered that my battery was discharging at an alarming rate. I would make a brief call (a minute or two), and the battery % indicator would show a 3-5% drop. Even doing nothing, in a solid reception area, my battery would discharge 10-15% during the course of an hour. During the course of a few hours, it went from fully charged to less than 30%--mostly while doing nothing. It's never been like this before.

Can anyone tell me if the patches I have installed are known battery drainers? I'm thinking that it has to be the patches somehow, since the apps are not active (or not active for long/only when used).

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide. I really appreciate it.
    Here's 2 patches (I really don't know how they affect the battery life, but they incorporate just about everything you could possibly want, into 2 patches) that are MUST HAVES:
    Advanced Configuration for System Preferences
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcer
    (both by sconix)

as well as :
    Device Menu Maxed Out Ultra(warlord)

I am also 99% sure that using the Uberkernel v1.4.5-119 has some sort of battery voltage optimizer that will give you slightly better battery consumption, but there are so many variables (volumes, brightness, etc)

regardless, I highly recommend those 3 patches, I have a total of 17 patches and with light-moderate usage I can survive a day.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123