Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cchs227 View Post
    Hello,
    So, my Palm Pre Plus has been giving me problems all week (Some Letters on the keyboard just won't work!) its been having this problem all week, & I've tried everything possible. Then, I contacted Palm via Palm Live Online Chat and told the representative my problem. He then gave me some troubleshooters and each failed. So, He set me up a SRO (Service Request Order) and I will be sending in my Palm Pre Plus to Palm for 5-7 days for service or replacement.

But Other than that, I started removing things off my phone before it got sent in such as (Preware) and I've noticed... Ever since Preware has been on my phone, the most battery life i'll EVER get is 5 hours MAX. now that I've taken off Preware and all Patches... I'm going on 18 hours with my Pre Plus and its still on 50% battery. I thought this was a great find and thought I'd let you guys know!

PATCHES SUCK UP ALOT OF BATTERY JUICE!!
    Please post your patches, or at least as many as you can remember.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    looks like he doesn't frequent, with only 25 posts.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Best remedy for battery life.. touchstone on my dash.. in the truck, on the charge..
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    So is the OP ever going to come back? lol

We know there's no problem with Preware, OP is a TROLL.

Troll's don't hang out very often, they play the hit and run game.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    weak 3g signal will kill the battery quick. that said, patch the phone to the tilt. if needed, buy extra batteries from amazon.com for around $3 each.

Amazon.com: Palm Standard Battery for Palm Pixi and Palm Pre: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thank you, I just bought 3!
    hello , I am not a troll but this happent to me when I installed the patch that show the percent on top , unistalled and back to normal , but that just happent to me, I dont now anyone else who had this issue
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostjb View Post
    hello , I am not a troll but this happent to me when I installed the patch that show the percent on top , unistalled and back to normal , but that just happent to me, I dont now anyone else who had this issue
    Well, that's one of the patches known to decrease battery life.
    And it's not Preware, in its entirety, like the op was claiming.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    why does the patch with the battery percent on top affect battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    why does the patch with the battery percent on top affect battery life?
    I believe it polls for the battery level more frequently... It's been a long time since we discussed that though lol. That reason may be slightly off
    that's odd, I thought it just represented the battery life in a number format rather than the default battery icon without actually polling the device or doing anything different than what the icon does.

then again I don't know anything about programming...

how much would it affect battery life?

hopefully palm will find a way to incorporate the numerical battery percent in the future without adversely affecting batery life.
    I'd be willing to bet that the OP had KeyBoss installed. That is horrendous on battery life. Myself and several others have complained about it in the KeyBoss forum but nothing has been done about it thus far.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    I have a Pre Minus on Sprint, With

PreWare
    UberKernel

Patches:

Advanced Configuration For App Launcher
    Audio/Video Attachments
    Capture With All Keys
    Change EV icon to 3G
    Character Counter
    Enable Landscape Messaging
    Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100
    Glass Effect
    Hide Nascar App
    Palm Dark System Devices
    Per-Contact Call Rejection
    Select Alert and Notification Tones
    Smooth Scrolling
    Total Message Count
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Youtube Video Downloads
    Virtual Keyboard

Those are all the patches I have installed. And Im also running a theme with a Different boot logo. And I have my Uber set at 1/500 ScreenState. And With Moderate use, Several phone calls, Several/Heavy Text Messaging, Some music listening here and there, And frequent use of Google to cross reference auto parts (im a mechanic). I can take my phone off of the Touchstone at 9 a.m. and by the time I hit bed at roughly 10 p.m. before I place it back on the touchstone and my Battery Percentage is anywhere from 35 to 42 percent.

Dr. Battery Has my battery listed as

Battery Health: 99 percent
    Manufacturer Rating: 1183 mAh
    Calculated Left: 1171 mAh

So overall Id say its not really preware or the patches. Your connection may just suckz bawls. Your WiFi or Bluetooth may be on, or you just may have a crappy battery. And as for 18 hours on a single charge, may I please ask what magical spell you have bestowed upon your phone? I would forever be in your thanks.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Seems like a strange troll but I guess (s)he just wants to get us riled up.
    MrWhite, that is some excellent battery life. I do not get that, although I dont have 100% battery health, and I definitely have not throtted down to 100 mhz. That is unstable :O
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Most important factor in my pre's have been quality of the 3g signal. I work in a jail a bunch, no signal inside the jail. If I dont put it in airplane mode its dead in no time. If I do and use wifi around the office and the house, it lasts all day and all night. I'll top it up when I am on duty overnight, like now, but i got the battery number patch, preware and all kinds of other stuff installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    weak 3g signal will kill the battery quick. that said, patch the phone to the tilt. if needed, buy extra batteries from amazon.com for around $3 each.
    Thanks, I just ordered one !!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    My Pre Plus was never overclocked.
    & The Patches I had on my Pre Plus were:

-The battery percent at the top
    -Display 'New Message' instead of " The Actual Message Itself"
    -Vibrate on The keypad
    -On LockScreen, Change from the Date at the top, to the Time.
    -Use Volume Keys to Take Picture
    -Changed the launcher to 4 apps on each row.
    - Signature for Text Messages
    -Display Character Counter in Messages.
    -Display the Number of Text messages between the Sender and Reciever
    -Slide Down to End Call
    -(I forgot the name to this one) But you could Download media and such off the web to the Pre.
    -Make the background of the launcher darker

And This is About it Actually.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Oh And...

-Enable Landscape Messaging
    -Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100
    -Glass Effect
    -Per-Contact Call Rejection
    -Virtual Keyboard
  19. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Patches that could increase battery usage:
    vibrate on keypad
    fixed keyboard brightness
    virtual keyboard
    Most of you are missing one of the biggest battery killers -- the screen itself. What are your timeout values for the screen and what is your brightness percentage.

Come on, polling the battery is going to kill the battery? Seriously? The only things that are going to kill the battery are those that "overuse" the CPU, I/O, or a radio (3G, GPS, Phone). Now if it is polling the battery like 200 times a second that may bump it up, but...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast