1.    #1  
    So I was on the house phone the other night and it was about 1am when I set a "simple pin" password on my cell phone.

I somehow managed to enter the wrong pin incorrectly twice and was locked out of my phone until I discovered the "bypass pin" patch which got me back into my phone.

I'd like to doctor my phone to wipe it clean and gain the functionality of a simple pin back again (it doesn't work because I have no idea of the pin I setup).

I've read enough to feel confident but had a few lingering questions.

How do I backup all my preware items or do they all have to be reinstalled individually?

I have 134 installed packages that I'd have to write down/reinstall.

Is there a way to save all my memos?

The order of all my icons?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    How do you apply the bypass pin when you are locked out? I have never installed it.
  3.    #3  
    Just connect the phone to a pc, launch WebOS Quick Install and it allows you to install the patch.

As soon as I disconnected the phone from my pc I had access to my phone again.
    Use save/restore from webosinternals:
    1. Open preware, and choose "save packetlist" from appmenu
    2. Install and run save/restore
    3. Backup the USB partition with a PC.
    4. Manually start a backup to your palm profile

This way you can reinstall all homebrew apps and patches easily.
    I think memos will get backuped to palm profile.
    Order of icons should get saved in palm profile
  5.    #5  
    Thanks somline!

I didn't realize that option was even in preware.

I used webOS doctor but didn't get the results I expected.

I assumed that the doctor would wipe my phone clean, ie. just like the day I took it out of the box.

But it seems like I still have about 12GB of music that didn't get wiped leading me to believe the phone was not totally wiped clean (although I can now use the "simple pin" password option).

Also, when I connect the usb cable to the phone I do not have the options "usb" or "just charge" so I can't reinstall preware.

Should I doctor again or do a "full erase" from the Device Options menu?

Thanks again!
    The Doc will normally not erase the USB part of the device any more. It did in the past.
    I don't know why "just charge" is not working. It should.
    I have no experience with this and can't suggest doc or full erase.
    I personally would do the doc again.

EDIT: Or maybe its a PC/MAC thing. Try rebooting booth device before next doctor and connect USB.
  7.    #7  
    Rebooting the PC did the trick- it now detects the phone.

I erased the usb partition and I'm almost there.

I copied over the folder created by the save/restore application to the usb partition but when I run it it fails because my patches are not installed.

I saved the package list as you suggested in Preware but I am not sure how to restore it as I do not see the option.

So in a nutshell I'm looking to restore all my patches in one fell swoop without having to do them all individually.

Any help out there?

Thanks yet again!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Assuming you ran SaveRestore *after* updating the preware 'saved pakage list', the following should do the trick:

1. Use Save/Restore to restore your preware settings (assumes you have the Save/Restore data on the phone)

2. In Preware, Pick 'Saved Package List' from the dropdown menu.

3.Assuming a list is populated, pick 'install all'

Good luck
    As cmahy said:
    Assuming you did it all in the sequence I gave you:
    Install preware
    Install save/restore with preware
    Open restore and only restore preware (settings)
    Now open preware
    From appmenu select "saved packet list" Don't click "refresh list".
    There you should see "install all" or click on individual apps to install.
    After that run save/restore again and restore the setting of each app.
    Some apps need an initial run before save/restore can restore the setting.

I hope I didn't miss a step.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks guys!

I followed your instructions and I am now back up and running.

I had one patch that gives me an error message when I try to install it ) but I can live without it) and another patch that is missing that I cannot find in preware (it was the one where you tap the time in the top bar and it would show you your calendar events for today and the option to see the events for tomorrow).

Either way thank you so much for taking the time out to help - it is much appreciated!!!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Thanks guys!

I followed your instructions and I am now back up and running.

I had one patch that gives me an error message when I try to install it ) but I can live without it) and another patch that is missing that I cannot find in preware (it was the one where you tap the time in the top bar and it would show you your calendar events for today and the option to see the events for tomorrow).

Either way thank you so much for taking the time out to help - it is much appreciated!!!
    Quite welcome -- although most of the write-up cred. goes to Somline. FYI, the patch you are referencing is 'System Menu Today Menu' -- it is one that has a few prerequisite install bits & pieces: possibly that's why it failed to work on a restore. Try searching in PreWare with this name (System Menu Today Menu) and you might have better luck.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the patch name- I am fully operational again and will have no fear should I have to ever doctor again.

And who knows? I may even be able to help someone else in need! :-)
    Save/Restore app from preware
    You can't save patches tho.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight