Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    It appears as if the music app is killing my non-wifi Internet connection (Sprint Pre)

Steps to reproduce:
    1. turn off wifi
    2. visit any webpage in your browser (to verify you have an internet connection)
    3. close the browser
    4. open the default music app and start playing a song
    5. have someone call you - answer the phone and hang up
    6. when the music comes back after the call, stop the song and exit the music app
    7. open your browser and attempt to visit a web page

Sometimes, I can toggle airplane mode to get my internet connection back. Other times, I have to toggle data on/off from phone preferences. the only sure-fire way for me to get internet back every time is to reboot the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this? It is happening to me every single time I use the music app *and* someone calls me in the middle of a song.
    I just followed the steps that you listed and I was unable to re-create the problem. On Sprint, you cannot talk and use data at the same time, so maybe your Pre is getting stuck in voice mode and the data service is not reconnecting. I know that I have had times where my data service just stops working until I reboot, but I have not traced to a specific app like you have.

My questions for you would be:
    1) What head phones are you using? Wired or Bluetooth?
    2) What happens with no head phones attached? This is what I just tried.
    3) Have you noticed this with any other app or just the music player?
    Have you tried any other music playing apps?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RockoRobotics View Post
    1) What head phones are you using? Wired or Bluetooth?
    I'm using an adapter to plug into the "aux" port on my car radio; so I suppose the answer is "headphones"
    2) What happens with no head phones attached? This is what I just tried.
    I haven't tried without headphones to see if it happens
    3) Have you noticed this with any other app or just the music player?
    Just the music player - I don't have any other music app that plays songs that are loaded onto the phone. This problem does not occur if I use Pandora or any other app that streams music from the Internet.
    I've been pressed to replicate this issue on my 1.4.5 Sprint Pre and 2.0.1 GSM Pre 2. When you phone call is done, do you see a Ev/1x icon next to the signal bar? Appears that your phone is having a murphy-law moment.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    OK - my initial posting was slightly off ---

I can only recreate the issue if I'm using a bluetooth headset. If bluetooth is off, the phone works just fine with the music app.