Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Ok... basically, my GPS barely ever works these days. I used to have no problems. Anyone know why or what I can do about it? I have a sprint pre, overclocked with uberkernel.
    Mine was crap too until I applied the hack described in this thread. Now it works like a charm.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    That seems suUUUPER complicated. There must be an easier way. The GPS thing never has a signal. It used to be fine!
    When is the last time you updated your network settings and PRL?

To do so, go into the phone app, tap the upper left corner for the drop down menu, select settings and on that page, scroll down and update both.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I am at work, but I ran the GPS program just for fun and it seems like it might have helped... but I cannot be sure yet. Why do you think that updating the PRL and Network Settings helps with the GPS?
    The PRL is preferred roaming list, so that with the Network settings is what tells your phone to get the latest information from your carrier and use the best towers and such for signals.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    From someone's recommendation; I always open google maps before opening sprint nav, it helps the mapping to be more accurate..
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    It's not a matter of accuracy. Usually my GPS works when I initially type in the route, but then it starts to display the icon that indicates no signal
    I noticed the same thing recently. I do have the GPS hack applied with all modes enabled. One thing that I think may help is to turn off "Use Google Services" under the "Locate Me Using..." submenu of the Preferences menu in Location Services. If you have "Use Google Services" turned on, I believe your data connection will affect your Location Services performance and my data connection has been flaky lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    It's not a matter of accuracy. Usually my GPS works when I initially type in the route, but then it starts to display the icon that indicates no signal
    I have a Sprint Pre and have had similar issues continuously over the last 1.5 years. I found that a daily reboot significantly helped with this issue (used a homebrew reboot utility).

<<bickering posts removed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    A reboot also works for me when it thinks it can't get a signal. Google maps can work, TeleNav won't, reboot and all's good.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    Ok... basically, my GPS barely ever works these days. I used to have no problems.
    Can you be more specific? I've been using SPrint Nav for almost a year, and it has only failed on me once (it turned out that the road I was looking for was too new and not in the database, a common problem in Nevada). I've used it in NY, NJ, PA, CA, CO, as well as at hom in NV, and it has never failed me, always gotten a signal within 30 seconds, and always had the correct destination (or within 50 feet or so).

As for Google Maps, well, that's OK if you have 3 or 4 minutes to wait for it to load and you don't mind an approximate location.