1.    #1  
    The volume on my Pre increases on its own volition. It increases all the way to max, and then stays there, blocking everything with the notification as it never goes away as the volume is still trying to increase. If I hit the volume decrease button, it either doesn't work, or is a tug of war with me hitting decrease as fast as I can, while the volume is constantly going up.

Is this a hardware issue, or software? And if software, how do I fix it?
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    I had a similar problem. I pushed the volume increase button and it seemingly got stuck. I hit the decrease button and it got stuck the other way. I kept going back and forth a couple times til it came unstuck. I dropped my phone a couple times so that might be the problem.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, but I tried the self diagnostics, the button isn't stuck, the volume is just increasing.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    I had same issue but mine was with the down volume. I took it to sprint store and they messed around with it, but I don't think they fixed it so I had them order me a replacement but by the time the replacement got in it stopped happening. so I dont know exactly how to fix it. just mess around with the phone a bit, press the volume buttons, try a few resets, pull the battery, throw it against a well(I kid). might even want to try to DR. it to default to see if that is the issue.

I noticed that after a few minutes the volume issue would go away untill the next time I was talking on the phone for a long time. so has the Volume up just randomly stop after a few min?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Yeah, but I tried the self diagnostics, the button isn't stuck, the volume is just increasing.
    Oh, no, the actual button wasn't sticking. I was just saying thats what it seemed like. It was the same as what you described. I dont know the cause of it.
  6.    #6  
    It's annoying, as it happens constantly if I'm using the phone, blocking access to the home bar and the back gesture. Plus I can't listen to music because the volume goes to full every time!