1.    #1  
    about 3 months ago i deactivated my pre and have just been toying with it. I now want to reset/restore it back to factory. the question is... would i have to call sprint and reactivate it just to be able to toy with it some more, or would it skip the activation process.

I do not want to use the pre as my main phone, i simply want to be able to get past the activation screen and use all of it's features besides the sms and phone calls.

thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by xmatter View Post
    about 3 months ago i deactivated my pre and have just been toying with it. I now want to reset/restore it back to factory. the question is... would i have to call sprint and reactivate it just to be able to toy with it some more, or would it skip the activation process.

I do not want to use the pre as my main phone, i simply want to be able to get past the activation screen and use all of it's features besides the sms and phone calls.

thanks in advance!
    What Bevcraw points to will work, but unless you have everything in place and already understand it... it is a bit overwhelming and takes some time.

There is also Palm's Activation Bypass Tool that works as well but leaves you without app catalog access or OTA updates.

So... I would recommend taking the five minutes to have it activated back on your line on Sprint (following the Dr.), Sign into your Palm Profile and once the phone reboots call Sprint and switch it back to whatever other phone you are using now (assuming EVO or Epic) and do everything on your Pre via wifi. This way you can still buy new apps and be using 2.x when it hits the Pre. Small inconvenience but big benefit for functionality.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #4  
    thanks for before of the replies. I will be doing option 2. it's just a lot easier for novice. thanks for the research as well.
    You can reactivate it from your My Sprint page. No need to call. Just do an ESN swap online.
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oversteer325 View Post
    You can reactivate it from your My Sprint page. No need to call. Just do an ESN swap online.
    I can never do an ESN swap through the sprint site. On non-smartphones it was never a problem, but when i try my bb tour or pre, it always says that i must call to get it activated. I usually chat with a rep online when the chat session is up and running.