Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I found out about the Pre by accident as I'm not a slider person. I came from a line of Palm phones, my fav being the Centro. The jury is still out on which one now is my overall fav that I'm a Pre owner.

I was setting up my 16 year old daughter's Ebay Pre for Christmas and fell in love with it!

I really like the ways you can personalize and upgrade its features, hugely improving its abilities and increasing my satisfaction in using my smartphone!

To the people who are frustrated, keep at it until you get things the way you want it. It is so worth it to have a modern device that can meet and surpass your needs and expectations.

Also, I want to thank the Precentral Forum community for helping me with everything from resurrecting my Pre from the dead (my goof) with WebDr., even when Sprint's Service office would only replace the phone, to installing Preware to understanding how some programs are not compatible and getting the ones I really want and need to work.

You guys really do ROCK!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I like hearing people say they love their Pre. I too LOVE my Pre and love the ability to customize it to my liking. Adding and even creating my own themes. The simplicity of adding and removing patches. I too had a centro before this. It got me hooked on Palm. Until Palm is no more, I will always own a Palm phone.
    I do understand what you mean ;-).
    I just like how easy it is for me to customize pretty much anything I want.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I like hearing people say they love their Pre. I too LOVE my Pre and love the ability to customize it to my liking. Adding and even creating my own themes. The simplicity of adding and removing patches. I too had a centro before this. It got me hooked on Palm. Until Palm is no more, I will always own a Palm phone.
    Awww, something I haven't gotten to.... adding a theme! Gotta love a good forum!

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Awww, something I haven't gotten to.... adding a theme! Gotta love a good forum!
    As far as theming goes:
    - Only install/remove themes using Preware.
    - Do NOT install a theme if you already have one installed. Be sure to remove the old one before installing a new one.

You're probably going to have to enable the theme feeds in Preware. To do this, in the Preware menu tap 'Manage Feeds'. Scroll down and turn on the Prethemer feed. Backswipe to save your changes. Preware should now ask you if you want to update your feeds. Tap 'Yes'.
    I love my Palm device.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I was just thinking: I can't imaging a palm device without precentral ;-)
    And:
    Why is HardBeatz not talking about pre-+2 or pixi-+ but "Palm device"? Does he has a new different one? We will never know. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    And:
    Why is HardBeatz not talking about pre-+2 or pixi-+ but "Palm device"? Does he has a new different one? We will never know. ;-)
    we will know shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    And:
    Stop teasing us guys!

I could do without Precentral, but I definitely could not imagine a palm device without webOS Internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I could do without Precentral, but I definitely could not imagine a palm device without webOS Internals.
    That was included for sure as the whole webosinternals team ;-)
    I love Precentral. This is such an incredibly helpful place. It's one of the best features of the Pre.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    As far as theming goes:
    - Only install/remove themes using Preware.
    - Do NOT install a theme if you already have one installed. Be sure to remove the old one before installing a new one.

You're probably going to have to enable the theme feeds in Preware. To do this, in the Preware menu tap 'Manage Feeds'. Scroll down and turn on the Prethemer feed. Backswipe to save your changes. Preware should now ask you if you want to update your feeds. Tap 'Yes'.
    Omg, you knew I was challenged, haha, must have been my former "I'm lost" threads!

Thank you so much! I followed your steps and I just installed Laurie's Pink theme! I love how it intergrates with the Pre.

Question, if I wanted to try one on this site, would I really have to go through OS QuickInstall? I had such a headache using it before, which I'm sure I was the proble. lol

I love hearts and pink so I sorta want to try one like that or a theme with pink roses or Juicy.

P.S. do I have to uninstall a previous Theme before install a new one? You mentioned something like that, but... just making sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Stop teasing us guys!

I for one, would not know about webOS Internals were it not for Pre Central.

But there are a lot of others that have also made the webOS journey an enjoyable one. Jason Robitaille for one, and many other individuals that make patches and HB apps and even help people here on the forums when they need it.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Sorry for the late reply... I've been busy lol.

Yes, you do need to uninstall the theme before installing a new one.

Also, all themes you see on this site should be available via Preware. You may need to enable the Precentral feed in the Preware menu before you see them though. I only mentioned the Prethemer feed earlier since it has pretty much all of the themes already.
    Yeah, the PreCentral feed is also off by default, so you'll have to turn it on.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Sorry for the late reply... I've been busy lol.

Yes, you do need to uninstall the theme before installing a new one.

Also, all themes you see on this site should be available via Preware. You may need to enable the Precentral feed in the Preware menu before you see them though. I only mentioned the Prethemer feed earlier since it has pretty much all of the themes already.
    Thanks,

I've turned on the option, but there are only 181 themes, LOL, I was expecting at least 1,000.

There should be 1700 or so themes in the Prethemer feed. You should try that one. Most people use Prethemer anyway...
    I think most post their themes via the PreThemer site now-a-days.
    Yes, there aren't as many in the PreCentral feed.

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast