Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I have to make it another month! Any way to hang up on a call with the keyboard?

Is their a master list of all keyboard shortcuts for a pre plus?
    I did a search and found several sets of short cuts, but not a master list.
    do you have the patch that assigns the power button to hang up?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    No, I have never put preware on my phone
    If you use a headset, you can end the call from the button on that...
    And there are only a few keyboard shortcuts and none of them hang up the phone, sorry!

Why did the touchscreen stop working? Have you tried rebooting?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I remember my touchscreen stopped working right before my phone failed. Are you having any other problems with the phone?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    OK I'll ask the question that hasn't been asked yet. Do you have insurance on the phone? That should cover it as well as if you haven't had it a year yet it would be covered under the warranty. Good luck.
    A "dead" of a touchscreen can also be caused by software.
    I had this after killing the process "powerd".
    I would definitely try a doctor.
    I just had a similar problem. Screen on. Keyboard working. Touch and swipe functions dead. I visited the Doctor at palm.com/rom. It took a few tries and I had to turn it on and off with the triple ringer toggle, but now my phone is working again. Files are all there including photos and apps. Settings needed to be reset. GL!

Do not be afraid of the good Doctor! (I was before my visit).
    Also, try plugging it into the USB chord, powered. That seemed to fix my dead touchscreen last week (though I had to repeat this every few hours). I'm not sure if it was related to the USB power, or just the physical jiggling involved in plugging in/pulling out the power chord.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Thanks will try the doctor. I did reboot, took battery out for about an hour, took invisible shield off, nothing.
    Keyboard works fine, I do not have insurance, this is a launch day Verizon Pre Plus, been a very solid phone for me until now!
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    The usb power cord thing works, but only with the usb cable in the device!
    If I take the usb cable out the touch screen stops working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    The usb power cord thing works, but only with the usb cable in the device!
    If I take the usb cable out the touch screen stops working again.
    Unbelievable, thanks ka1 for that info.
    And maybe a hint, that it's related to the process "powerd" which is responsible for charging.
    Try the doctor!
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Unbelievable, thanks ka1 for that info.
    And maybe a hint, that it's related to the process "powerd" which is responsible for charging.
    Try the doctor!
    Actually, thank whomever told me on a thread a few weeks ago.

I think somehow opening the slider is involved. Maybe something is off-kilter or shorted, but ignored when plugged in? My guess was the physical jiggling involved with plugging it in was reconnecting whatever was off, but now it seems it is software/power related.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Last week when my Pre wouldn't boot up, the Doctor saved my Pre when Sprint was only going to replace it.

Thank you PreCentral Forum for walking me through it!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre