1.    #1  
    Can smartphones get them like computers do?

Thanks
    The possibility is always there, however, there isn't much point in it and, so far, it seems no one has bothered to take the time to do it. A virus in a phone wouldn't get anywhere near as much information and such, as it would in a computer.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Anything is possible, but webOS is basically Linux and that's pretty safe.

The current efforts seem to be focused on attacking the carrier networks more so than to get something running on a smartphone. I predict that if a virus shows up on a cell phone in the near future it will show up on Android, because that's currently growing the fastest.
    There's a tacky joke in here somewhere ... just waiting to be made ...
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    The possibility is always there, however, there isn't much point in it and, so far, it seems no one has bothered to take the time to do it. A virus in a phone wouldn't get anywhere near as much information and such, as it would in a computer.
    I don't know about that. Your phone carries all your contacts, can get your GPS location, has your photos and videos, knows your web history, etc. I'd say it contains just as much personal information than your computer.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I dont know about viruses but, if someone wants to they can download spyware to your phone and get all kinds of info from your phone.
    And to do that, they have to have your phone in hand.

That is why I let very few people touch my phone.

Posted from my eVo!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I don't know about that. Your phone carries all your contacts, can get your GPS location, has your photos and videos, knows your web history, etc. I'd say it contains just as much personal information than your computer.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You just love to argue with whatever I post. Lol

Posted from my eVo!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    There's a tacky joke in here somewhere ... just waiting to be made ...
    A virus in the Palm of your hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    I dont know about viruses but, if someone wants to they can download spyware to your phone and get all kinds of info from your phone.
    such as all my Credit Cards and bank info that I have stored in the jVault App. This got me thinking!