Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So my iPhone 4's power button jammed. It will not get off of the Apple logo screen. I took it to the apple and att store and was denied in both places. The Apple store because they had to close early that day. So i decided to buy a pre plus on ATT. No increase in commitment of contract but it was the cheapest smartphone i could buy besides the pearl 3g which my company gives a discount.

Was this a bad decision based on the event in a few week? i needed a phone and am glad to be back with palm.
    I think you will love it. Get Preware and overclock it and you will be amazed.
    Only you can answer that...

Depends on your needs...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Exactly, phone preference is an entirely individual thing.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    It depends. It really is a nice phone, but in comparison to what (hopefully) will be announced soon, you might have regret. Who knows. But it really is a good phone and an excellent OS!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    hard to say.

I don't think we will see WebOS 3.0, so its most likely a hardware update, for me personally, a hardware update is not as attractive as the OS update.

I suspect you will have some remorse, but webOS is truly excellent, there is nothing wrong in enjoying several months ahead of time (HPalm may introduce new Pre(s), but I don't think they will be available right away, probably several months away).

And, your contract didn't change. So no worries.

And, you have a GSM Pre+, it can be sold on ebay.
    patch it to the tilt
    The pre is very cheap at this point and still very capable depending on the build quality of the Pre that you got...

But you couldn't wait until the apple store was open again for them to see your iPhone? I guess you could still have them look at it, then you'll have an enhanced iPod touch unless you decide to switch back.

Quote Originally Posted by mullrat View Post
    So my iPhone 4's power button jammed. It will not get off of the Apple logo screen. I took it to the apple and att store and was denied in both places. The Apple store because they had to close early that day. So i decided to buy a pre plus on ATT. No increase in commitment of contract but it was the cheapest smartphone i could buy besides the pearl 3g which my company gives a discount.

Was this a bad decision based on the event in a few week? i needed a phone and am glad to be back with palm.
    The Palm Pre is the ONLY phone that is compared to the iphone in fact it multitasks way better than an iphone and picture quality is better. Much better phone to go with than lets say an eVo or any other android!!!!!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let's be realistic, it is not the only phone comparable to the iPhone.

AS to what phone is better, that is entirely up to the person that needs to use it.
    the pre is the only phone that is compared to the iPhone? Come on.

Evo-lution
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    the pre is the only phone that is compared to the iPhone? Come on.

Evo-lution
    the pre is the only phone from HP/Palm that is compared to the iphone. hehe
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for all the replies. I bought the pre plus out right. I'm actually loving it. Really lelegant one handed operation. Extremely nice.

exploring about preware and overclocking. I like to tinker.

thanks to all
    Thanks for all the replies. I bought the pre plus out right. I'm actually loving it. Really lelegant one handed operation. Extremely nice.

thanks to all
    Trust me it is better than an iphone or an eVo-lution(what a joke), unless you like the feel of carrying a tablet in your pocket or your hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to all
    For tinkering, the Pre makes it extremely easy. You'll love Preware and probably want to get Internalz, too, so you can do stuff with the files.
    Might as well go to iPhone instead of Android, but glad your Pre purchase worked out. In the end, that's what decides whether you made the right choice.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I had the Pre since release date. Maybe I am in the minority however the only things I like are the ability to swap battery and tethering to my laptop in a pinch,size and form factor is not bad. Keyboard is somewhat useable. I do not have preware installed. Now the cons: terrible build quality, I am on my second phone, same for my wife. Lack of programs compared to android or iphone. Boto up time is absolutely painful. If my phone locks up or crashes, which does happen it can be several mins on a reboot.

I cant imagine what HP will do with the PRE. There is no growth in the user base either (I dont think) I have not been on these forums in a while. I thought I would see many more unhappy people. I still have the pre but wonder how long I will remain.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    One thing that those who have never had a WebOS based phone just don't know is how great the gesture area is when it comes to controls. Card view lets you keep multiple apps open and switch between them easily, and the whole "feel" of the Pre Plus makes the iPhone 4 feel like a relic of the past.

It feels strange when I have to help a customer with their phone and I have to hit a "home" button to get back to select another application to open now.

When it comes to the processor speed, you have UberKernel to get you to 1GHz, though the experimental AV8B kernel makes the phone so much more responsive, it is worth going to. Just remember, experimental kernels will void your warranty, and may seriously mess up your phone. The experimental kernels also are for those who are ready to do some reading and are not for those who are "new" to the idea of installing custom patches or updates.

With that said, I am happy to help point people who want to learn if you want to send me a PM. Questions like "where can I download this?" tend to come from those who are not ready for an experimental kernel, so don't expect to get an experimental kernel without SOME knowledge.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    not that it matters, but I ditched my pre and gave it to my mother (her first smartphone) so I could get the EVO shift.

Love the apps - hate everything else.... I miss the webOS ALOT.
    If somehow we could make android apps run on webOS, that would be golden.

So in other words, no you wont regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomeygun View Post
    not that it matters, but I ditched my pre and gave it to my mother (her first smartphone) so I could get the EVO shift.

Love the apps - hate everything else.... I miss the webOS ALOT.
    If somehow we could make android apps run on webOS, that would be golden.

So in other words, no you wont regret it.
    I told you that eVo(lution)suck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast