Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Hello,
    I bought my Palm Pre Plus in November and it has been working fine ever since. I have never encountered any problems... until today that is.
    So, I woke up today and took my phone off of the charger, When I saw that I had a text message... I went to reply. I started typing and all of a sudden I noticed my ' P, H, F, K, and BackSpace Key ' were not working AT ALL. If I press them, nothing shows up. I Tried restarting my phone, shutting it down then taking out the battery, and shutting it down for about 2 hours... and Still No luck.
    Can someone PLEASE help me?
    Thank you!
    <<edited title to make more specific>>
    first, get everything backed up. Do you have preware installed?

Once everything is backed up to your PC, call your carrier support center. They will probably take you through some basic trouble shooting and eventually have you wipe the phone (erase programs and data). If that doesn't solve it then it is a hardware failure and they should replace it. Just realize that once you wipe the phone you may not be able to use it until the replacement arrives. So don't do it at the beginning of a day with lot's of important calls scheduled.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Yes, I have Preware installed.
    In the Preware, install an app called Save/Restore. Then in the Preware menu you need to create something called a "saved package list" which is essentially all of your preware patches and such.

Then run the Save/Restore app and back up all your application data (which includes the saved package list you just created). Then copy everything to your PC for safe keeping. Then runt the "backup app" that came with the phone (launcher page 3) and do a manual backup. Now your backed up (except for the call log and txt messages).

At that point it's just troubleshooting 101 to determine if this is a software glitch, or a hardware failure.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Thank You! I will.