Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I did the process on my girlfriend's sprint pre. Went well, she made a new profile and activated it. Data and voice were working, but texts were garbled. Anyone know a fix?
    I tried it on my Sprint Pre, it seems to work well except I could not get data for some reason could be a Sprint issue since I no longer use the Pre. I used the developer tool to bypass activation. The only other issues I've found were not being able to save bookmarks as well as phone app stated calls were dropped when ending calls. Other than that Flash works great still a tad slow, I wish there were arrow keys, but then we would need a horizontal slider for the extra keys. I heard of issues with garbled text messages as well, and I haven't heard of a fix unfortunately. Battery life is still poor and I don't really see that changing until we get a new model with a 1500mAh+ battery. Other than that I suggest to not bother with this build if your Pre is still your primary phone.
    Last edited by dachiefmizzy; 01/11/2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    ok hold on a bit. I have a CDMA sprint palm pre (which isnt my main phone), if i use this GSM webos2.0 doctor found on that spanish site will it brick my device?
    Why would you ever use a GSM doctor on a CDMA phone? I doubt you'd brick anything, but none of the phone or data functions would work at all. You'd get a glimpse of some new card and Just Type features, but that's it. Nothing else would work.
    Yep, you wouldn't have the right stuff for Sprint to work.

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by CQd44 View Post
    I did the process on my girlfriend's sprint pre. Went well, she made a new profile and activated it. Data and voice were working, but texts were garbled. Anyone know a fix?
    Yep, Dr. back to 1.4.5, the official released OS for her phone and everything should work as advertised!
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    yes that does work on sprint! My buddy showed me his. It works but his texts are messed up.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yep, Dr. back to 1.4.5, the official released OS for her phone and everything should work as advertised!
    I did doctor it and all was well, but she was really looking forward to this. I wish someone would fix texting since voice and data both work.
  9.    #49  
    Did you bother reading my post?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Did you bother reading my post?
    I did, but I figured it was fixable.
    I did, but I figured it was fixable.
    lol... im sorry just couldnt help it
    I wish I had a spare sprint pre to try out 2.0 from that site
    I did doctor it and all was well, but she was really looking forward to this. I wish someone would fix texting since voice and data both work.
    Its not ready for Prime time
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Well, i went ahead and installed 2.0 on my pre-, used to bypass activation tool and all roses turned red. Although now i wanna see the apps catalog but i did things differently in 1.4.5.

There was a patch on preware that allowed me to run the first use application with wifi on so that i could create a new profile, activate the phone and remove the bypass tool limitations like the app catalog.

anyone know how i can do the same for 2.0?
    Last edited by Tl12000; 01/14/2011 at 12:04 AM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123