Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54
  1. #21  
    +1 for being disappointed at being stuck with 3x.. icons with the webOS 2 launcher.

    I would have thought that, seeing how popular the higher icon density patches are, they would have provided configurablility
  2. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #22  
    Wait... the launcher is totally unpatchable..?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Wait... the launcher is totally unpatchable..?
    Pretty much... We may be able to change the background image, but haven't really looked into it.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    His other Advanced patches should be fine. It's just that the 2.0 Launcher is no longer patchable, so we're pretty much stuck with the stock Launcher. I'm going to miss having four apps per row too...
    I am sorry to say but Palm has really taken a major step back on the launcher front with webOS 2.0 The current launcher with sconix's 'advanced launcher patch' is by far better and more configurable than the launcher in webOS 2.0 I fail to understand why Palm had to make the launcher unpatchable, especially if they couldn't be bothered to atleast build in the even half the functionality/configurability provided by sconix's 'advanced launcher patch'.

    Personally, just this one reason makes me almost not want webOS 2.0.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    It's just that the 2.0 Launcher is no longer patchable, so we're pretty much stuck with the stock Launcher. I'm going to miss having four apps per row too...
    I hope someone finds a way to patch the new launcher. I am really going to miss my 4x4 Icons, Hidden Launch Bar, Advanced Options and Glass Effect launcher.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I hope someone finds a way to patch the new launcher. I am really going to miss my 4x4 Icons, Hidden Launch Bar, Advanced Options and Glass Effect launcher.
    I think the Glass Effect Launcher should still work since it only needs to change the background image. Not entirely sure though. I may look into it later today...
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am sorry to say but Palm has really taken a major step back on the launcher front with webOS 2.0 The current launcher with sconix's 'advanced launcher patch' is by far better and more configurable than the launcher in webOS 2.0 I fail to understand why Palm had to make the launcher unpatchable, especially if they couldn't be bothered to atleast build in the even half the functionality/configurability provided by sconix's 'advanced launcher patch'.

    Personally, just this one reason makes me almost not want webOS 2.0.
    Agreed. I'm not sure why Palm did that to the Launcher. I'm sure they had some reason, but I just don't get it lol.

    Don't let it deter you from updating to 2.0 though. From what I've seen with the Pre2 videos, webOS 2.0 looks pretty great.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am sorry to say but Palm has really taken a major step back on the launcher front with webOS 2.0 The current launcher with sconix's 'advanced launcher patch' is by far better and more configurable than the launcher in webOS 2.0 I fail to understand why Palm had to make the launcher unpatchable, especially if they couldn't be bothered to atleast build in the even half the functionality/configurability provided by sconix's 'advanced launcher patch'.

    Personally, just this one reason makes me almost not want webOS 2.0.
    I am fairly certain their goal was to make it perform better, not make it unpatchable. It is much faster written the way it is in 2.0.x than it ever was before and that will be critical to the user experience when 2.0.x comes to the legacy devices.

    I am also fairly certain it is still patchable/customizable, it just isn't as easy and can't employ the previous methods for customization.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  9. #29  
    Well, failed at changing the Launcher background. However, I accidentally created Glass Effect for Just Type haha
  10. #30  
    Ok got it. I can confirm that the Launcher background can be changed. Now to work on getting rid of the gaps between pages lol
  11. #31  
    thanks for trying to get rid of gaps!!!! Now 4x4 and we are ready for 2.@!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  12. #32  
    Well the gaps are black now, so I must have done something lol. Maybe the backgrounds are overlapping... Gotta do some more testing.
  13. #33  
    best of luck!
  14. #34  
    Ok, no more gap.

    Edit: More info.

    The backgrounds do overlap.

    The gap you see between Launcher pages is just the background Palm used for the Launcher. You can easily get rid of it by using a custom background. The background image itself is a bizarre size though, so you need to get it exactly right or it will look like crap lol.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 01/11/2011 at 09:01 AM.
  15. #35  
    any luck with the 4x4
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    any luck with the 4x4
    No, not yet. I've been just browsing around to see if I find anything interesting. Don't get your hopes up for 4x4 icons lol
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    My pre doesn't even have a working microphone, so I might as well try....

    edit:

    wait, so is the network/data still functional or not. I'm reading two different responses above.


    (bell pre)
    yes you should get full functionality if you do it right
  18. #38  
    Managed to adjust the icon label spacing in the Launcher. Haven't found how to adjust the actual icons though...
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Ok got it. I can confirm that the Launcher background can be changed. Now to work on getting rid of the gaps between pages lol

    Managed to adjust the icon label spacing in the Launcher. Haven't found how to adjust the actual icons though...
    Garrett92C - Thanks for your effort! If you succeed with the 4x4 launcher, please let us know where to Donate.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Garrett92C - Thanks for your effort! If you succeed with the 4x4 launcher, please let us know where to Donate.
    Heh, don't get your hopes up.

    If sconix can't figure it out, then I doubt that I'll be able to... lol
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions