Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Many if us are having a problem with AUX connection where the other end does not hear us. This is due to the fact that pre detects the connection as a headset with mic.

I came across this as I was using mode switcher for my car mode triggered by AUX connection. It swtiched sometimes but failed other times. Whenever it switched, the other end could hear me fine.

One observation I made was that if the car speaker made a slight crackle/noise when the jack was inserted, it didn't work. If the jack went in silently, it worked. However I could not control the jack to go in silently. Just needed to plug in and out until I got it right.

Even with Pre's built in headset, it first detected it as a mic less headset and triggered the mode switch. After full connection it detected it was with mic and made the switch back. So I find that Pre is too quick to register which jack is placed in. A patch to delay this might be helpful.

For now, my solution is to make sure the AUX jack goes in silently.
    This worked until update 1.3.1. Here's a thread about it.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-anymore.html

If I remember correctly some people got it to work by plugging in to aux then resetting the phone. I hope they fix it someday it was a pretty sweet function.
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    This worked until update 1.3.1. Here's a thread about it.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-anymore.html

If I remember correctly some people got it to work by plugging in to aux then resetting the phone. I hope they fix it someday it was a pretty sweet function.
    It still works. My intention of writing this was not to share the problem, but to share the solution (not so friendly one, of course). Plugging in and out the jack is much quicker than rebooting the device. I usually get this right in 2-3 tries. Quicker you can insert the jack more chances of getting it right.
    I think it has something to do with the cable triggering a pin, so the "popping" noise theory is correct.

The RCA to 3.5mm cable in my Miata always gets it into car mode, but in my G6 it always went to headset mode and disabled the mic. I'm using the same cable now in my Solstice but I haven't tried calling yet, so I might try another cable if it doesn't.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Getting this right all the time now. I just plugged in and out many times - the socket seems to have loosened a bit now and I am getting the connection right almost 100%.
    Be careful with this - the jack might begin to come loose. First, you'll loose stereo or voice, then eventually it will only work if you bend or push it, and each time you do that, you break the jack a bit more. Palm Treo's were notorious for this issue.

I would seriously consider a bluetooth solution.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.