Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm stumped - my ATT pre plus on 1.4.5 does WiFi just great almost everywhere. I'm able to log into secured networks without a hitch, my own home network ditto. I'm also to leach on unsecured 'home' networks (I'm a maintenance guy in an apartment complex - EVERYBODY has a wifi router and about half have open networks). However, when I visit a joint with 'Free' wifi, I'm unable to access the web about half the time. The phone "sees" the network, and will (appear) to connect (get the blue check mark) to the router, but nada on trying to access the web: either through the browser or through apps (eg. Weather Channel, Palm app cat, Preware etc.)

This is consistent (I CAN connect in MacDonalds, but NOT in the St. Louis Bread Company, etc.).

I've done the routines of reboot, airplane mode, wifi off/on - anyone suggest anything else?

I do have a number of patches, including uberkernal/govnah going, but I have not tweaked them extensively.

Thanks in advance.
    time is but the stream I go a'fishing in . . .
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    what you describe sounds similar to behavior I see when I'm connecting to a WiFi that requires me to log on via a webpage. If it's the same issue, I think you need to open a new browser window, and when you try to go to any web page, I think it will ask you to log in there.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    That's a strategy I haven't tried yet . . . next time I'm in a Panera store I'll give it a go. Thanks
    time is but the stream I go a'fishing in . . .