1.    #1  
    Last night, my phone "magically" wiped itself clean of all data (i.e. contacts, email accounts, text messages, calendar events, etc.). However, all patches are still installed.

Anyone ever experience this before? Any cause and/or solutions available?

I'll probably run the Doctor to hopefully cure it of any bugs.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Jeez, thats crazy and very magical indeed, never happened to me on my Pre or any cell I ever owned, nothing surprises me with Pres, anything can happen at any moment.
    Looks like you phone was kicked out of the palm profile, did you sign back in? Patches are not removed from any type of erase except running the doctor thus why they're still there. In these cases, yes do run the doctor for it's usually something REALLY wrong with the OS that would make the palm profile server kick the device off.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    It happened to me a couple months ago. No idea what caused it but now I backup my db (sms texts) every now and again.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer3kx View Post
    Jeez, thats crazy and very magical indeed, never happened to me on my Pre or any cell I ever owned, nothing surprises me with Pres, anything can happen at any moment.
    I had webos devices since first launch and never had this issue either TILL last month but that was due my sprint pre being VERY fubar.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    it started happening to me on a regular basis, (about once a week!) so I doctored. There was still some funky things going on with my phone (mainly problems with the calendar and alarm) so I did a full erase AND a trip to the doctor. That did the trick and now my phone is running like new!
  7.    #7  
    Man, this sucks! My phone just erased itself AGAIN! I doctored my phone earlier this month after this happened the 1st time. Today, I started typing "Amazon" to navigate to their website when a quick message appeared telling me that my phone will be restarted and my apps will be restored. Then the phone automatically restarted. Upon restarting, I had to confirm my language (English), sign into my Palm profile and enter my username and passwords to sync my Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn contacts. The phone restarted again and contacts started syncing. However, NO palm/purchased apps were restored. I opened Device Options -> Reset Options and selected Erase Apps & Data. Upon restarting, my contacts and palm/purchased apps are now loading/installing/syncing properly.

Am I doing something to cause this strange behavior? For this to happen twice in one month causes me concern. This sort of thing must not happen in the middle of the week when I'm out and about building my businesses. I really don't have the time right now to deal with this but I strongly depend on my phone for my contacts and calendar appointments.

Everything seems to be moving in the right direction now but anyone have any ideas or suggestions for preventing this event from recurring?
    there is a patch in preware that may help to prevent this.
  9.    #9  
    What is the name of this particular patch?
    I think this is what I was remembering. At least it's a good place to start reading:

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2640116
    as soon as your phone restarts, grab a log file and send a PM to HardBeatZ so he can direct you where to send it so they can see what was going on under the covers. Do it right away so you will have the entire event captured.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think this is what I was remembering. At least it's a good place to start reading:

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2640116
    I guess it is hard to tell if this patch actually works. You will only know if it does not work by getting kicked out of your Palm Profile again. I hope it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    as soon as your phone restarts, grab a log file and send a PM to HardBeatZ so he can direct you where to send it so they can see what was going on under the covers. Do it right away so you will have the entire event captured.
    From where do I pull the log file?
    My Pre + shutdown comepletely on its own last night. Not exactly a good sign of anything. Makes you wonder if there is something wrong...
    Last edited by AGPrePlus; 01/30/2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: spelled "own" wrong.
  14.    #14  
    Ok, my phone just erased itself for the 3rd time! ***

I'm sending a PM to HardBeatZ right now. Since this is a launch day Pre, it may be time to get a replacement. I pray HP drops a bombshell on 2/9!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I guess it is hard to tell if this patch actually works. You will only know if it does not work by getting kicked out of your Palm Profile again. I hope it does work.

From where do I pull the log file?
    Go to phone keypad and tap #5647## and then follow the instructions to create a log.
    I think they are not going to support the patch any longer in webOS 2.0 as the services Javascript has been changed to Java or vice versa, always confused which we have and which we will have
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Ok, my phone just erased itself for the 3rd time! ***

I'm sending a PM to HardBeatZ right now. Since this is a launch day Pre, it may be time to get a replacement. I pray HP drops a bombshell on 2/9!
    I never heard back from HardBeatZ so I took the phone to Sprint and got a replacement. Let's hope that resolved this issue! I had a launch day Pre so maybe it was time to replace it. I know that lots people in this forum have replaced their phones many, many times. Maybe I've been lucky!