webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > setting internet APN
setting internet APN
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bahram

Old 01/07/2011, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

hi

i have palm pre and used it iran and it worked good. when i enter download webos doctor 1.4.5 from palm web site and flahs my device carier name appear above and also signal avilable, but i dont nkow setting internet APN and user name and password (when i writed mtnirancell for APN , my palm pre alert me : Unable to write settings.) . it seem this device bilong to 02 carier and this carier dont exist in iran. my carier is Irancell.how to use my palm pre?please help me.( sorry for my english). thanks a lot
bahram is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Thapa kaji Pawan and poluri sekhar like this.
Old 01/07/2011, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

There has been a handful of peeps using that carrier reporting the inability to write APN settings for that carrier. Wouldn't say its a bug since your pre is being used out of supported region but the clicky GuyFromNam posted is your fix. Be sure to contact the carrier for the correct APN settings first since the fix is a bit time-consuming.

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
addiarmadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2011, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
You're not adding anything.

If you want to elaborate, at least add his current carrier is not included in the Pre's database and you have to add it manually using sqLite, by first extracting the db3 file and then copying it back to 2 different locations.

Otherwise, it's just a RUSH post.
Really what the he!!? I have reinforced your clicky and I get a cheap shot in the pills? Dude like I really give a flip about #s. Considering I HAVE been working with peeps with this exact same issue in the past and were reluctant to the fix you made the clicky to, and all you posted was a clicky without any explanation, I have served a purpose by reinforcing your clicky is really the only way around this issue. Maybe if you add more than just a clicky I will delete my posts here for I felt I added relevant info so far. PARAPHRASING THE CONTENTS OF THE CLICKY WOULD BE A RUSH POST!!!!

Nothing like me saying to you I got yer back and I get one in the back.

Oh wait look we both made rush posts here to boost up our numbers and clashing egos that had absolutely nothing to do with the OP issue. Moving on.....

Old 01/07/2011, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

hi and thanks
how can i skip "enter phone settings" and i use my palm pre for calling and sms?
Old 01/07/2011, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahram View Post
hi and thanks
how can i skip "enter phone settings" and i use my palm pre for calling and sms?
Could use the activation bypass tool from developer.palm.com under tools and then use the Enable Profile Creation Activation Bypassed patch in preware to create you Palm Profile with a wifi connection. Will be necessary to create a palm profile one way or another for bypassing with will disable phone/sms services till done.

Due note creating the profile in Iran will not give you access to the app catalog but can get access to homebrew apps vi a preware

Thanked By: bahram
Old 01/07/2011, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
Could use the activation bypass tool from developer.palm.com under tools and then use the Enable Profile Creation Activation Bypassed patch in preware to create you Palm Profile with a wifi connection. Will be necessary to create a palm profile one way or another for bypassing with will disable phone/sms services till done.

Due note creating the profile in Iran will not give you access to the app catalog but can get access to homebrew apps vi a preware
thanks a lot i realy thank you my palm pre works
Old 01/07/2011, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

NP man.

Due note that MMS does need the APN setting since it is data so when your set to try getting the APN thing to work, do try the clicky GFN posted. It does work if you get the right settings

Old 01/09/2011, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post

hi and thanks
can you guide me how can i create profile? i could not do it

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0