Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Sprint replaced the wife's Pre 2 weeks ago for a failing earpiece speaker. The refurb did the same 2 days later. I just had my Pre replaced 2 days ago due to a cracked screen and my refurb now has the same earpiece issue. What gives?
    Laziness. I have gone through 5 of those. They should take the time to check out the refurbs.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    My 4th Pre had an earpiece issue and so I ordered another one and that had the same issue out of the box. And now I'm stuck with it, they won't replace it.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Figures, I just got all the homebrew and customization back to how I want it too. It's working fine right now but the first 2 calls this morning either had no sound or were barely audible. A call to voicemail had no sound for the first 5 seconds or so.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    my first replacement had the 'headset mode' issue, called sprint and they sent out another refurb...this phone has an issue with the bottom row of the keyboard not working occasionally. Luck of the draw I guess
    I got a refurb about 2 weeks ago. Internal earphone crapped out 5 days later. In my case there must be a loose connection because this is what I can do to get it to work (most of the time): Slide open the Pre, put the phone to my ear, put my finger on the silver metal backing right where my ear is and gently push. This squeezes the speaker a little bit and makes the connection. This is the fourth Palm device (2 Pre's, a Treo 700, and a Treo 600) which have had earpiece problems.
    If the phone speaker isn't working and/or the phone thinks the headset is still plugged in when its not, take a can of compressed air into the audio jack and do short bursts. Could also work the headset in and out too to remove the jam in the sensor in the whole.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    It's not the stuck headset jack issue, the speaker just doesn't work.
    just had that issue on my 8th replacement. Sprint gave me a brand new one for all of the grief I've been through. New one works great
    Wow! I cannot say any of my Sprint Pres had a perma fail of the earphone speaker. Just the bloody growing crack(s) at the USB door.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    just had that issue on my 8th replacement. Sprint gave me a brand new one for all of the grief I've been through. New one works great
    Did you say or do anything to get them to give you a new one? I am sick of the refurbs!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I think the best course of action for anyone under warranty is to get a repair. Just try anything before getting a refurb. Refurbs should be the last thing you get.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The girl at Sprint recognized me from the week before and felt bad for me especially when she looked at my history of multiple refurb issues. I asked if they had any new ones in the store and used a little sweet talking and charm which goes a long way. This phone has no oreo wiggle, keyboard feels great and I'm completely satisfied. This should keep me until a new webos phone comes out "in the coming months".

Just trying to get to Feb. 9, 2011!!