Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since I'm a Pre newbie and there are other newbies here, thought you might be interested in the programs I have added so far:

Battery Percent and Icon White Red Teal (PreWare or PW) love having the percentage on the front.

Dictionary (free App Catalog or AC): yep, I like words and it comes in handy for helping kids with homework.

Talking Caller Id ($2.99 AC) I really like the voice announments in the various voices. Plus I don't have to look at my phone to see who's callin.

The Simple Bible (AC Free): greatest book eva

Govnah
    (PreWare or PW) Over clocking program that speeds things up.

Big Caller ID Large letters (PW) this is a neat program that that makes things much easier to see. lol

Read/Delete All Emai - delete messages with a button instead of individually.

Smiley faces in symbol box

Add Date - MM/DD (PW) - nice having the date next to the time.

Preware (PW): A must have as you know already. Sooo many great programs.

4x4 icons v5 - puts more icons on screen

Slipslide (PW) - slideshow of personal pics while phone is charging.

5000 Useless Facts - if you like trivia you will like this program.

Tic Tac Relax (AP) I love this game, the game is removed with the ocean on the sand.

Super Contacts (PW) you can add pictures for the main screen to touch call.

Virtual Keyboard (PW) the reason why I initially wanted Preware.

My Home Keyboard (AP) $4.99 downloaded this when I could not get Preware to install.

Photo Effects Plus (AC) .99 allows you to crop pics on the phone.

Email Megamix (PW) allows you to trash emails without opening them up in the notification box.

Reset Button (PW)

Translator (PW) Language translator

Big Caller ID (PW)

Increase Font Size 18 green (PW) makes letters in the top bar larger.

Timestamp Fancy (PW) timestamps your text messages.

Themes (PW) Added "Roses"

SMS to vibrate to 5 secs (PW) helps get your attention by vibrating longer.

I know there are a lot of threads, but I spent so much time going through a lot of them, so I listed those I'm trying here.
    ------------------
    Want list: (I've looked for these programs, but if I overlooked something, please list program)

1. A program that flashes like Butler to let you know when there is a missed message, alert, call.'

2. A personalized voice alert alarms. (ex. You have a parent teacher meeting) to sound at a certain time.

3. To remap the center button to power on and off.

4. Ability to zoom camera (maybe not possible)
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 01/12/2011 at 06:14 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    On your wants:

1) No, there is currently no way to customize the LEDs or change colors and etc. (Butler was fun to use!)

2) NO way to do that, yet. You can change notification sounds, but it would be for the entire calendar or reminder app and wouldn't let you do it for individual events.

3) No way to do this, developers and many others have wanted to, but it isn't possible.

4) Another one that isn't possible. You can, however, get apps that will let you crop and zoom pics.

Sorry to be negative on all of these.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    did you install UberKernel? Govnah is intended to control an overclock kernel.
    Good catch, govnah won't speed up anything if you don't add a kernel.
    Spam has been reported.

Posted from my eVo!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    On your wants:

1) No, there is currently no way to customize the LEDs or change colors and etc. (Butler was fun to use!)

2) NO way to do that, yet. You can change notification sounds, but it would be for the entire calendar or reminder app and wouldn't let you do it for individual events.

3) No way to do this, developers and many others have wanted to, but it isn't possible.

4) Another one that isn't possible. You can, however, get apps that will let you crop and zoom pics.

Sorry to be negative on all of these.
    No prob. You never know until you know. I will search for the photo program to crop and zoom, i can use that.

As far as the speed, I'm honestly more concerned about battery than speed right now.

Here is what I've just done so far to improve battery life?

1. Decreased time to check for emails to every hour.
    2. Reduced the screen brightness
    3. Turned on Wi-fi
    4. Turned off SMS
    5. Turned off GPS

I've been researching how to maximize it but I do have a couple of questions if you can indulge me.

1. How exactly does Dr. Battery help? When I hit "calibrate" am I suppposed to do something more?

2. Does the higher mah batteries really show an improvement? I'm not used to seeing my battery sink like this one is doing, but we're see how it does now that i've tweaked the settings a lil.

Also, is it possible to delete e-mails from the notification icon section without opening them?

Thanks

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    1. Dr Battery is pretty much just a monitoring tool. It shows you your battery statistics. I'm not too familiar with the calibrate function, so someone else will have to answer that.

2. Yea, the bigger batteries can show a huge improvement. Some of the largest ones will require a larger battery cover though. I believe the biggest battery is 3600 or 3800 mah.

3. I'm pretty sure there is a patch in Preware that wil let you delete emails from the notification area.

If you just got your Pre in the past few days or so, the battery life will be terrible. It should improve a lot after a week or so of use.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Also, is it possible to delete e-mails from the notification icon section without opening them?
    There's a "delete from notification" patch in PreWare. I believe the Email Megamix patch includes it as well.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    1. Dr Battery is pretty much just a monitoring tool. It shows you your battery statistics. I'm not too familiar with the calibrate function, so someone else will have to answer that.

2. Yea, the bigger batteries can show a huge improvement. Some of the largest ones will require a larger battery cover though. I believe the biggest battery is 3600 or 3800 mah.

3. I'm pretty sure there is a patch in Preware that wil let you delete emails from the notification area.

If you just got your Pre in the past few days or so, the battery life will be terrible. It should improve a lot after a week or so of use.
    Thanks! I'm wondering if the larger battery will work with my Touchstone charger, which I love.

Thanks! I'm wondering if the larger battery will work with my Touchstone charger, which I love.
    I remember a time where the larger battery covers for the huge batteries were not compatible with the Touchstone. That was a while ago and I'm sure that's been resolved by now. I'd double check though lol.

I don't remember the exact mAh, but the next-size-up battery will work with the normal sized battery cover.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    There's a "delete from notification" patch in PreWare. I believe the Email Megamix patch includes it as well.
    Thanks, I'm looking right now for it! Downloaded it but I got an Error message each time I tried to install.

Does anyone know the name or place I can find the phone editing software?

Update: I found some photo editing programs in the App Catalog.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 01/07/2011 at 10:29 AM.

12.    #12  
    I remember a time where the larger battery covers for the huge batteries were not compatible with the Touchstone. That was a while ago and I'm sure that's been resolved by now. I'd double check though lol.

I don't remember the exact mAh, but the next-size-up battery will work with the normal sized battery cover.
    Thanks!

I went on ebay a minute ago and they say that the door was a larger door so my guess is probably not.

I found a member here who mods the larger battery cover to work with the Touchstone. Looks like you can buy a kit from his website that includes a 2400mAh battery and the larger battery cover that's been modded. It's a bit expensive though...

Forums thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html

Products
    Just a suggestion, I would remove all launcher patches and install the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch It gives you a lot more options to customize the thing you look at most.

There is also the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch that will give you more options in system menus.

Any time you get an error message while trying to install something, its because it is conflicting with a patch you already have installed that modifies the same thing. You will have to remove another patch if you want the patch that gives you an error.
    Thanks, I'm looking right now for it! Downloaded it but I got an Error message each time I tried to install.

Does anyone know the name or place I can find the phone editing software?

Update: I found some photo editing programs in the App Catalog.
    If you are trying to install the email mega mix patch, Im guessing its your read/delete all patch that you need to remove first.
    +1 for 'Advanced Configuration for App Launcher' patch. It has many features and lets you really customize and tweak the Launcher.

I'm sad that the webOS 2.0 Launcher is unpatchable though...
    +1 for 'Advanced Configuration for App Launcher' patch. It has many features and lets you really customize and tweak the Launcher.

I'm sad that the webOS 2.0 Launcher is unpatchable though...
    I know. Im going to take screen shots of my phone so I can look back and reminisce on how my phone USED to look. lol

I hope that changes in the future though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I know. Im going to take screen shots of my phone so I can look back and reminisce on how my phone USED to look. lol

I hope that changes in the future though.
    The thing I'm going to miss the most is having 4 apps per row. I really hate all the wasted space with the stock Launcher configuration... I'm sure someone will find a way to mod it though. It will just take time.
    The thing I'm going to miss the most is having 4 apps per row. I really hate all the wasted space with the stock Launcher configuration... I'm sure someone will find a way to mod it though. It will just take time.
    I have no doubt that we will eventually be able to again. Maybe palm is just locking that area down for now until 2.0 is fully released with the SDK. Maybe they dont want a bunch of different looking home screens going around when they are trying to really push what they have created in 2.0. Maybe they are just screwing us. lol. I dont know.
    Want list: (I've looked for these programs, but if I overlooked something, please list program)

1. A program that flashes like Butler to let you know when there is a missed message, alert, call.'

2. A personalized voice alert alarms. (ex. You have a parent teacher meeting) to sound at a certain time.

3. To remap the center button to power on and off.

4. Ability to zoom camera (maybe not possible)
    1. The center button does flash when you miss a message, alert, call doesnt it?

2. If you really want this you can do it but it takes some steps. If you can find an mp3 of a sound clip you want or even record your own voice on something, you can put it on your phone then set it for an alarm. If you set the alarm in the clock app you can set that ringtone for that specific alarm. I just checked though and you cant select a ringtone for calendar events unless I missed something. Im usre that can be patched though and probably should be. lol.

3. As stated already, I dont think developers have access to that. Probably because Palm removed the hardware button for the Pre Plus and its kinda hard to set something for a button that isnt there.

4. Im thinking a digital zoom will be possible when Palm gives developers access to the camera. When that happens, I'm sure we will see a lot of new patches like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast