Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The thing I'm going to miss the most is having 4. per row. I really hate all the wasted space with the stock Launcher configuration... I'm sure someone will find a way to mod it though. It will just take time.
    There is a 4.4 Icons v5 app in a row download in Preware for the files that i'm using. But I think the 4 in a row keeps you from moving the icons around.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I remember a time where the larger battery covers for the huge batteries were not compatible with the Touchstone. That was a while ago and I'm sure that's been resolved by now. I'd double check though lol.

I don't remember the exact mAh, but the next-size-up battery will work with the normal sized battery cover.
    member sburlbaw can do the 3800 modification. i can personally vouch for the mod for the 3800 mugen battery. i had my doubts but it works. it needs the heavier magnets though AND a bit of a scraping (hollowing out) inside the door to allow for the TS wiring. without the scraping out, the door still closes fully but creates a tiny little hairline opening along the side of the door and pre case. i also had him mod the otterbox case which feels even better in hand now..and makes the pre+ look a bit like the pre2 actually. little ridge on front makes the slider all the more easier to do with single finger.

the only prob i have with the 3800 door is that it really kills the flash for the camera. even if you take the door off, the led flash will still reflect off the flat side of the large battery. ideally, the mugen door would be more rubbery feeling but they kept the aesthetic of the original pre case. it LOOKS great...ubt the piano case plastic is a bit slippry and smudge-prone. on the lighter side, the cutout for the camera lens/flash on the 3800 door makes for a very comfy rounded slot for forefinger to easily open/close the slider, and phone rests very comfy in hand as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    There is a 4.4 Icons v5 app in a row download in Preware for the files that i'm using. But I think the 4 in a row keeps you from moving the icons around.
    Yea, used to use that patch until I upgraded to the Advanced Config patch. What I meant was that we won't be able to use those patches in the next version of webOS (2.0) since Palm changed how the Launcher works...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Just a suggestion, I would remove all launcher patches and install the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch It gives you a lot more options to customize the thing you look at most.

There is also the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch that will give you more options in system menus.

Any time you get an error message while trying to install something, its because it is conflicting with a patch you already have installed that modifies the same thing. You will have to remove another patch if you want the patch that gives you an error.
    thanks.

1- how do you find out which installed patches are the ones causing the conflict error ?
    2- how remove them ? (im sure this has been covered elswhere so my apologies for asking here now)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugenboy View Post
    thanks.

1- how do you find out which installed patches are the ones causing the conflict error ?
    2- how remove them ? (im sure this has been covered elswhere so my apologies for asking here now)
    There is no exact way to know which patches will conflict with it. You ned to make some assumptions lol. If you have a patch installed that you think even slightly modifies a part of the Launcher (Launcher, Launcher spacing, Show/Hide App Icons, etc), you should remove it before installing the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch.

You can find your installed patches in the 'Installed Packages' list in Preware.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    There's a "delete from notification" patch in PreWare. I believe the Email Megamix patch includes it as well.
    I took the other program out and it stalled!

Just tested it, I love not having to open up the messages when I don't want to read them!

Thanks!

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I took the other program out and it stalled!
    Hopefully, you meant that it installed! Glad to help.
    Last edited by monkeydog; 01/07/2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: screwed up the quote
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Hopefully, you meant that it installed! Glad to help.
    Yes, it installed and is working great!

Thanks again.

Update: I found some photo editing programs in the App Catalog.
    Which apps did you find? I recommend photo effects plus and also MOLO photo filters pro. MOLO photo filters has some cool effects.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Which apps did you find? I recommend photo effects plus and also MOLO photo filters pro. MOLO photo filters has some cool effects.
    I went with Photo Effects Plus. Couldn't beat it for .99 and I liked the reviews. Its great being able to crop out stuff on the phone. Sweet!

I wished it had frames and the ability to write on it, but I will try text feature.

Do you use a program for your pics?

I went with Photo Effects Plus. Couldn't beat it for .99 and I liked the reviews. Its great being able to crop out stuff on the phone. Sweet!

I wished it had frames and the ability to write on it, but I will try text feature.

Do you use a program for your pics?
    I have both Photo Effects Plus and MOLO Photo Filters. They both have their own unique effects. But MOLO doesnt have the crop option.
  12.    #32  
    Since I'm a Pre newbie and there are other newbies here, thought you might be interested in the programs I have added so far:

Battery Percent and Icon White Red Teal (PreWare or PW) love having the percentage on the front.

Dictionary (free App Catalog or AC): yep, I like words and it comes in handy for helping kids with homework.

Talking Caller Id ($2.99 AC) I really like the voice announcements in the various voices. Plus I don't have to look at my phone to see who's calling.

The Simple Bible (AC Free): greatest book eva

Govnah
    (PreWare or PW) Over clocking program that speeds things up.

Big Caller ID Large letters (PW) this is a neat program that that makes things much easier to see. lol

Read/Delete All Email - delete messages with a button instead of individually.

Smiley faces in symbol box

Add Date - MM/DD (PW) - nice having the date next to the time.

Preware (PW): A must have as you know already. Sooo many great programs.

4x4 icons v5 - puts more icons on screen

Slipslide (PW) - slideshow of personal pics while phone is charging.

5000 Useless Facts - if you like trivia you will like this program.

Tic Tac Relax (AP) I love this game, the game is removed with the ocean on the sand.

Super Contacts (PW) you can add pictures for the main screen to touch call.

Virtual Keyboard (PW) the reason why I initially wanted Preware.

My Home Keyboard (AP) $4.99 downloaded this when I could not get Preware to install.

Photo Effects Plus (AC) .99 allows you to crop pics on the phone.

Email Megamix (PW) allows you to trash emails without opening them up in the notification box.

New Installs:

Reset Button (PW) one button to reboot.

Translator (PW) Language translator

Big Caller ID (PW)

Increase Font Size 18 green (PW) makes letters in the top bar larger.

Timestamp Fancy (PW) timestamps your text messages.

Themes (PW) Added "Roses"

ToDo Classic (PW) An ongoing list

SMS to vibrate to 5 secs (PW) helps get your attention

Fandango(PW) movie reviews and info

Simple Shutter Sound Off (PW) nice for taking silent pics.

UberCalendar(PW) an enhancement to the factory calendar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12