Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    there are no links in this post

*** I have no LINKs and it won't post my original message, what could it think is a link??
    EDIT - it thought my extra W's in slow were a link, I get it.

Hope someone can help me please, I've searched around a bit but I'm still lost.

My phone got used a normal amount today - took it to the zoo, checked in on face book, looked at email, took some pics. Then let it charge on the
    drive, was getting kids a haircut so let youngest son play some blocked car on - then i took it back from him, and it was super sllllooooow. I hit the power button thinking I'd at least do a luna, but it went black and I can't get it to come back at all!!

It is patched, has uber kernal and was running at 800/500. I dont' remember it feeling too hot at any point today.

Placing it on the touchstone in the car didn't do anything.

right now it's plugged in to the pc via usb - and nothing.

I tried grey+ sym+ r nothing.

HELP please!!
    take the battery out for a few minutes. Put it back in and plug the wall charger in to the usb port.

I had the same thing happen once and I was really speaking out, and that's what I eventually did that worked.

it took a few minutes after putting it on the charger before any signs of life, and it didn't do that until I removed the battery. Not sure why that helped...

I hope that works for you!!!
  3.    #3  
    Ah, THANK YOU!!!

It is booting as I type, oh thank you thank you!
  4.    #4  
    Follow up - I've never had this happen before, but I'm also just now overclocking. Is this in any way related to overclocking?
    It's doubtful, unless it had overheated, but you weren't using it super heavily, so that probably isn't what happened.

There are several reasons the Pre may do this, one of them being a loose battery that slides out of place, unexpectedly.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I doubt it. Overclocking is very safe, and if something actually got damaged, pulling the battery wouldn't help.

was your battery really dead? Its not good for that type of battery to run completely empty, fyi.

its only happened once, and I figured it was the battery not seated properly so it was making an intermittent connection with the phone.
    lol verwon, you are too fast for me. GMTA
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/06/2011 at 07:55 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Loose battery? Cool - I think I read something in here about that, I'll be sure to look it up should this happen again.

How hot is too hot? When I got it started again, it was 28C - and that was after being off for a goodly bit.

Edit - yeah, I know 25 is room temp - I was out and about in the cold with it...but yeah, just above room temp shouldn't be an issue, and search function here works fine so I was able to find posts referencing temps more like 45C and above as when to be concerned. So yea, sorry, dumb question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    lol verwon, you are too fast for me. GMTA
    I frequently had the loose battery problem, until I picked up a couple of Centro batteries to use. They fit better than the OEM one did.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/06/2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: confidentiality
    If you think overheating might be the problem, you could set govnah to downclock to 500MHz when the phone reaches a certain temperature.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The newer batteries fix this.. Also you can add a little tape to the top of the battery

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That's okay, I had to edit the Evo autocorrect dictionary, because it kept changing my full name to Overseen Wondered.

When I had the loose battery problem, I used a small piece of a matchbook and it worked perfect.
  13.    #13  
    might be a good excuse to buy a new battery, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildmtnhoney View Post
    might be a good excuse to buy a new battery, thanks!
    That may not be necessary. I'd recommend putting a piece of thick tape behind the battery puller at the top of the battery compartment. Also get Dr. Battery to calibrate your battery. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-battery.html
    Last edited by vza33; 01/07/2011 at 11:17 AM.
    My wife's pre today had the same problem as the OP. I have tried all the recommended suggestions and still nothing. Usually, even without power I an usually force it into USB mode but this phone is getting nothing. The phone was sitting on the desk when it decided to die. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Have you tried just hooking it up to charge for awhile?

Posted from my eVo!
    mine did the same thing right after I bought it. I thought I got a bum phone. But I just plugged it in and let it sit and oddly enough about 45 mins later it just kicked on and displayed the batt charging logo.
    My wife says she had it sitting on the charger all day and nothing. This morning I noticed that she had it connected to the charger as well. Nothing so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by eserrano250 View Post
    My wife says she had it sitting on the charger all day and nothing. This morning I noticed that she had it connected to the charger as well. Nothing so far.
    Is the charger connected directly to an A/C outlet? When the battery is completely run down, it takes more than the trickle charge from a USB port to revive it.
    Quote Originally Posted by eserrano250 View Post
    My wife's pre today had the same problem as the OP. I have tried all the recommended suggestions and still nothing. Usually, even without power I an usually force it into USB mode but this phone is getting nothing. The phone was sitting on the desk when it decided to die. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Did you remove the battery for a few minutes? Can u test the cable to make sure it is good?

ig nothing else, go to your carrier store so u can test it with different components, such as a diff battery, different cable, diff wall adapter. Also, your usb port could have fiailed. Have u tried setting it on a touchstone for an hour or two?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast