Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For some reason, lately it's been pretty hard for me to get on the internet via my pre. If I'm not connected to a Wi-Fi I will have no internet connection
    When I'm home I normally connect via my secure wireless router, however, if I'm some place else I used to still connect and search youtube or facebook or something.
    Now, when I try to I have no internet connection at all.
    The little EV sign in the upper right corner doesn't even come up as it used to?I have a strong signal to make calls but that's about it
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Eric
    When did you last update your network settings and PRL?

To do this, you would go into the phone app, click the upper left corner for the drop down menu, select settings, scroll down on that screen until you see those 2 options and update both of them.

You may also want to check and make sure you other settings haven't changed, also under phone settings, to use data roaming and the automatic network setting, rather than your provider only.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Has your data usage function under phone preferences been turned off?
  4.    #4  
    Unfortunately I'm at work with absolutely no connection...LOL
    I will check the items you guys have listed when I get home and keep you updated.

Thanks for the suggestions
    Also, as long as you are in there, hit update network to.

Evo-lution
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Also, as long as you are in there, hit update network to.

Evo-lution
    I already told him that! LOL!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    When did you last update your network settings and PRL?

To do this, you would go into the phone app, .
    Ok, here's a noob question

Where exactly is the phone app
    Unless you're talking about the actual dialing of a phone number, I don't know exactly what you mean...LOL

After you stop laughing at me, please respond....LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    Ok, here's a noob question

Where exactly is the phone app
    Unless you're talking about the actual dialing of a phone number, I don't know exactly what you mean...LOL

After you stop laughing at me, please respond....LOL
    Just tap the green phone icon. Then tap the menu in the upper left corner and select "preferences and accounts". The data usage button is there and so are the update network settings and PRL functions.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Just tap the green phone icon. Then tap the menu in the upper left corner and select "preferences and accounts". The data usage button is there and so are the update network settings and PRL functions.
    I'm gonna try at work now....
    Will let you know
  10.    #10  
    ok fellas, I'm home and trying to update the network settings and the PRL
    The message I'm getting is the network settings could not be updated. Try again later. If the problem persists, call sprint customer service

I get the same message when updating the PRL

concerning Data Roaming, should it be enabled or disabled
    I've had the non-working internet problem a few times too. Normally a restart of the phone fixes the problem for me.
  12.    #12  
    sometimes a restart works, but lately it hasn't
    Data roaming should be enabled.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Data roaming should be enabled.
    I figured it must be enabeled.

But I'm still getting the same thig

Any other suggestions on what could be the problem??
    maybe the modem is bad, i had a device where I was having issues on getting on the internet the signal was really faulty. Then it kept getting worse, I went into device info, and clicked the top left of the menu and under tests, I clicked interactive test it told me after the test the modem was bad. Maybe try that and see what it says.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    maybe the modem is bad, i had a device where I was having issues on getting on the internet the signal was really faulty. Then it kept getting worse, I went into device info, and clicked the top left of the menu and under tests, I clicked interactive test it told me after the test the modem was bad. Maybe try that and see what it says.
    Do you remember which test you did in the interactive section?

There are a few to choose from....
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    Do you remember which test you did in the interactive section?

There are a few to choose from....
    oh just checked it was actully the first one under quick tests my fault. It states it will test the hardware on your phone try that one.
    i vote bad modem...
  19.    #19  
    bam
    That's the problem.
    It says code 1000
    Hardware Wi-Fi
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    When I select the upper left pulldown menu from the phone app, I only get "Preferences" and there is none of what you guys are talking about. I'm on 1.4.5. Is there some other way to get to these options? Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast