1.    #1  
    i have downloaded pics before via email attachments just fine.... but what about any other attachment? i cant seem to find it once it is downloaded from the email, and yes, i have Internalz and i still cant find it...?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Good question, I needed to ask this myself.
  3.    #3  
    if they are pics i know where they go, i can see them, they are there. but if i download say a patch off the forums, it says it downloaded, but i be #@!%ed i cant find it!
    Hmmm...I usually just emailed them to myself, using the email that went to my Pre, then clicked it and Internalz or Preware would install it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    There is also a section in Internalz, under var/luna/data/attachments

Any file that you actually downloaded from email will be in there, problem is, they are just in various buckets, so you have to look at the info, like the date, to find the right one and you can open it from there.

I can't believe I have to keep getting my Pre out. LOL
  6.    #6  
    much appreciated. i must have my settings off if internalz or preware didnt pick up on it. that or it was a faulty patch...
    One of them should detect a patch file, automatically.

Welcome and glad I could help.
    i cant download audio files from an mms messege, is there a patch to download it to music folder?
    I'm not sure on that, but there is also an mms folder in Internalz, where you can save them from.

Posted from my eVo!
  10.    #10  
    what verwon said, its in an 'attachments" folder on the usb portion on the Pre
    yes
    /media/internal/downloads

the var/luna/attachments folder has way too many to dig through. Wow. I just started looking through them, and I found emails from 2007 which I did not look at in my email. I wonder if we can delete some of those directories (named BUCKET 1, 2, 3, etc).
    Yes, you can delete them. I cleaned out a lot of the oldest ones that were in there, it doesn't hurt or screw up anything.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I'm looking for a way to view wmv (or any other non-registered tyoe) attachments in email on mPlayer now that I got that up and running, and the forum doesn't seem to have elegant solutions. Does anyone have a good workaround, perhaps through homebrew? Perhaps something similar to the way Internalz provides "save a copy" possibilities for text files.

I've found/tried
    - instructions on how to grep through the file buckets where attachments are saved
    - a script to copy over to media/internal attachments in the buckets that match a string
    - MetaView's app on his blog to AppRegister (can you register wmv to either mPlayer or Internalz to then "save as" or play?
    - downloading from web gmail (both in mobile and desktop versions) but no love

I want to to do it on the device and not sideload via a computer. Anyone? Perhaps there's a website or online storage that I can forward the mail too and then download from the web into media/internal/Download, but that's a bit of a pain anyway.

Why can't the mail program just let you save the file it's already downloaded anyway?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Or a radical solution is to nuke /var/luna/data/attachments. Then the last attachments are EASY to find with out terminal or grep.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Here's a real-life 'other' situation where this could come in handy. Was away on business and received a 6MB eMail .zip attachment. I was able to download it with my Pre+ with no issues, but, the eMail app didn't know what to do with it and threw me an error.

I had my laptop, but, no WiFi (no FreeTether on my Pre yet). My idea was to save it to the USB partition of my Pre & then transfer over to my Laptop. But, I couldn't find the (expletive removed) thing.

I'm like Nabril15 -- WAY too many buckets & subfolders to have a hope in finding my data. So, for the next time, do you think this would work?

1. Delete /var/luna/data/attachments using Internalz
    2. ???? Do I need to manually re-add '/var/luna/data/attachments' or, will WebOS do this automatically on the next attachment download?
    3. Download my attachment
    4. Using Internalz, copy/move the file from the new /var/luna/data/attachments/bucket* folder to the USB partition (so I can copy via USB).

Interesting side-note: I carry both my Pre+ and a BB Tour when I travel and, although the BB often wins re: eMail support (handles more eMail situations & in-line images better), it refuses to save files > 2.9 MB to it's USB partition (whatever it's called). WebOS did better in saving the file.... just need an easier way to find it!

Thanks
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I deleted the one folder "attachments" using Internalz, getting rid of I don't know how many buckets and sub-folders under those.

Back to the e-mail app, it didn't even seem to blink. Downloading a new attachment worked easy (hella easier to find the right bucket too - there was only one!!!). I didn't even bother recreating the attachments folder; the app did it by itself.

I forgot to check the space liberated by the operation though; too bad. Old e-mails with attachments just show that the attachment has to be reloaded.

If you are apprehensive of nuking the dir, you could perhaps just move it...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Everything would be muh easier if Internalz had some kind of search feature. If we could do a universal search for all .zip or .wmv, etc files then file management would be much easier.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I emailed myself a pic to store in my Pre, but I can't find it. I look in Internalz but when I click on images and other files there it does not take me to pics.

I'm used to just clicking on the picture and have the option to download it to my photos on the phone. :/

How do I get email pics on my phone?

Thanks
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Found it:

Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    I dunno if this is a new feature, or if everyone already knows about this, but hold the orange key and tap the image and a pull down menu will give the option to either share the image or copy to photos.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 02/10/2011 at 07:50 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre