Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. d1sq0's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #21  
    i can only charge mine on the touchstone LOL. if i charge through the port, the touch screen won't work. sprint would not give me a replacement b/c i had patches on it. ******s.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sq0 View Post
    i can only charge mine on the touchstone LOL. if i charge through the port, the touch screen won't work. sprint would not give me a replacement b/c i had patches on it. ******s.
    Back everything up, run a doctor and then try a different Sprint store.

    However, the patches shouldn't matter, it is only kernels that void the warranty and if you have insurance, that won't matter, either, because the complete TEP covers anything.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Let me guess: 11 of those were insurance replacements.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Nope.

    Launch Day Pre was DOA.
    I had several asurion replacements [don't remember exactly how many]
    All of them had issues within the first few weeks.

    If I remember right half of the 12 were refurbished.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 01/10/2011 at 04:38 AM.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Nope.

    Launch Day Pre was DOA.
    I had several asurion replacements [don't remember exactly how many]
    All of them had issues within the first few weeks.

    If I remember right half of the 12 were refurbished.
    I remember my launch day Pre was DOA as well...it kept rebooting whenever I slightly tapped or bumped it. Using the slider was always guaranteed to cause it to reset. I was ****ed...glad I stuck with it thoug.
  5. emt981's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    I remember my launch day Pre was DOA as well...it kept rebooting whenever I slightly tapped or bumped it. Using the slider was always guaranteed to cause it to reset. I was ****ed...glad I stuck with it thoug.
    That problems sound like it is related to the battery which is a known problem. The batteries are shorter than the battery compartment. Either go to your carrier's store and they will put a piece in the compartment to fill the gap or a thin strip of a business card on the battery opposite end of the contacts will usually do the trick. Good luck!
  6. #26  
    Since I don't think it was mentioned, as a reference, Asurion is a 3rd party refurbishing company. The phones they refurbish are not tested by either Sprint or Palm and personally, I think they are incompetent. It took them three tries to get me a Pre that wasn't defective or didn't self destruct after a short time.

    The first phone had the well documented bug where the keyboard would stop working every couple of hours. I could go with the rest of my story, but at that point I'd just be ranting.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by RockoRobotics View Post
    Since I don't think it was mentioned, as a reference, Asurion is a 3rd party refurbishing company. The phones they refurbish are not tested by either Sprint or Palm and personally, I think they are incompetent. It took them three tries to get me a Pre that wasn't defective or didn't self destruct after a short time.

    The first phone had the well documented bug where the keyboard would stop working every couple of hours. I could go with the rest of my story, but at that point I'd just be ranting.
    ...every replacement I have ever received from Asurion was brand new, not refurbished...


    And that doesn't just include the Palm Pre. [Palm Centro, Palm Treo 800w, Palm Treo Pro]
    All brand new replacements under Asurion.
  8. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    ...every replacement I have ever received from Asurion was brand new, not refurbished...


    And that doesn't just include the Palm Pre. [Palm Centro, Palm Treo 800w, Palm Treo Pro]
    All brand new replacements under Asurion.
    Yup, Except for the Pre, they had new phones for replacement. I had a treo 800w that I replaced three times.
  9. webpoet73's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #29  
    Is there a way I can get Asurion to give me a different phone?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by sczajka View Post
    That problems sound like it is related to the battery which is a known problem. The batteries are shorter than the battery compartment. Either go to your carrier's store and they will put a piece in the compartment to fill the gap or a thin strip of a business card on the battery opposite end of the contacts will usually do the trick. Good luck!
    I got my insurance company, can't remember the name, Bell Mobility's, to replace my replacement for that same issue. I couldn't care less if a piece of paper will fix it. That's not what I pay my $7/month insurance premium for, so I can fix my own phone. I either get a working replacement or I send it back. Number of replacements isn't an issue either, getting my 5th when I get home tonight. Sure like my brand new, scratch-free screen I get every couple of months
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by webpoet73 View Post
    Is there a way I can get Asurion to give me a different phone?
    Doubtful, unless you've had a lot of replacements of the same phone and I think that usually goes through Sprint.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  12. webpoet73's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Doubtful, unless you've had a lot of replacements of the same phone and I think that usually goes through Sprint.
    That sucks. This is my second one and it wasn't right from the beginning. The USB port is loose but works and now the oreo effect is getting worse. I don't want to go through another one. The first one was replaced under warranty...
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by webpoet73 View Post
    That sucks. This is my second one and it wasn't right from the beginning. The USB port is loose but works and now the oreo effect is getting worse. I don't want to go through another one. The first one was replaced under warranty...
    It usually takes at least 3 replacements, before they will go for another phone.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  14. webpoet73's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    It usually takes at least 3 replacements, before they will go for another phone.
    Sigh. My wife has usually been able to get Sprint to bend over backwards to keep her business. I think those days are over since Sprint isn't bleeding customers as fast as in the past...
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    ...every replacement I have ever received from Asurion was brand new, not refurbished...


    And that doesn't just include the Palm Pre. [Palm Centro, Palm Treo 800w, Palm Treo Pro]
    All brand new replacements under Asurion.

    My documentation seemed to imply that the phone I received was rebuilt or had 3rd party parts in it. I suppose it is impossible to ratio the percentage of new to refurbished phones that Asurion sends out, but based on numerous Internet reports, they've sent out some poor quality replacements. Also, during my conversations with four different levels of the company, no one seem to reply to my complaints by saying the phones they sent me were new. Then there is this sticker under my battery which says Asurion Remanufactured. So if it is possible to receive a new phone from Asurion, I probably didn't get one.
  16.    #36  
    so i finally got a new palm pre. manufacture date of 08/07/2009. I thought it was the perfect palm pre. but the wifi is so weak, wifi on this phone is unusable. btw guys, after 3 replacements in 6 months they will offer you a new phone. the only phone they can offer is a refurbished Palm Pixi, or refurbished HTC hero. both are terrible phones!
  17. #37  
    I had 3 replacements in 6 months and they offered me a new phone...a Sprint Pre. It's great. Looking fwd to webos 2.x
  18. #38  
    I just got a sprint pre replacement today and it's got the same problem. The screen is quality is blurry and horrible. It reminds me of the way my original pre screen looked for a day or two after I put a screen-protector on -- and it hadn't quite dried yet.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by abonet View Post
    I just got a sprint pre replacement today and it's got the same problem. The screen is quality is blurry and horrible. It reminds me of the way my original pre screen looked for a day or two after I put a screen-protector on -- and it hadn't quite dried yet.
    you probably just got the one I returned! lol
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by abonet View Post
    I just got a sprint pre replacement today and it's got the same problem. The screen is quality is blurry and horrible. It reminds me of the way my original pre screen looked for a day or two after I put a screen-protector on -- and it hadn't quite dried yet.
    take it back then . it took two replacements to get a good one for me !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions