Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1.    #1  
    I just had to have that battery percentage program on my Pre!

    I went to download it and was told to install Webdoc, it was in the process when the school called to say my daughter was sick and I needed to pick her up. Well it said not to disconnect but I had to leave and YEAH, I should have left the phone, but I didn't.

    Now it's stuck, with the www.palm.one/ROM message. I've tried to use the Webdoc, it got stuck at 9/12% charging and then it said to "try again." I must have tried like 20 times. I've tried to reboot/restart, I've tried taking the battery out but no go.

    Can anyone suggest anything to bring it back.

    I know, I'm sorry. lol

    All that said; I should have just left it alone as it was working fine without my tampering with it. Definitely my fault, not Pre's.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2. #2  
    its almost impossible to brick a Pre.i'll find a link to emergency in a moment.
  3. #3  
    I'd definitely start by trying Recovery Mode before getting into that BootLoader stuff lol.

    How To Recover
  4.    #4  
    (tears) I tried this site earlier and this dummy cud'nt get it to do squat. lol
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  5. #5  
    When you were putting it in Recovery Mode, did the big USB icon show up on the screen?
  6.    #6  
    You mean the Pre screen or the netbook screen? sorry
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  7. #7  
    When you put it in recovery mode, a USB icon shows up on the screen of the Pre.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8. #8  
    Its ok.

    The Pre screen. If you get your phone into Recovery Mode, a big white USB symbol will be on your screen.
  9.    #9  
    Yes sometimes it did and sometimes it didnot, I'm gonna try it again now.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  10. TheMacs's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    #10  
    Almost certain you can recover from this. Heck, I've done WAY worse, and am still fully functional.
  11. #11  
    +1 and that battery patch is worth installing once you get preware back on your phone.
  12. #12  
    Just calm down and carefully follow all the instructions!

    Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  13.    #13  
    When I try to put the phone in usb mode to connect it to Webdr,(by pressing the up vol button and the power button), i only get the cord or charging symbol, not the usb symbol.

    When i try to connect it anyway, it tells me to try again.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Just calm down and carefully follow all the instructions!

    Posted from my eVo!
    Lol, I am probably beyond that point. No I have, it must be something wrong somewhere... besides with me.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    When I try to put the phone in usb mode to connect it to Webdr,(by pressing the up vol button and the power button), i only get the cord or charging symbol, not the usb symbol.

    When i try to connect it anyway, it tells me to try again.
    You need to take the battery out (make your you shut down the phone first) and then, while holding the 'volume up' button, connect your Pre to your computer with the USB cable. With the 'volume up' button still being held down, insert the battery back into your phone. You can release the 'volume up' button now. A big white USB symbol should be displayed on the screen and you should be in Recovery Mode.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    When I try to put the phone in usb mode to connect it to Webdr,(by pressing the up vol button and the power button), i only get the cord or charging symbol, not the usb symbol.

    When i try to connect it anyway, it tells me to try again.
    Odd and this is with the battery out?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Odd and this is with the battery out?
    With the battery out I got a "?" on the Pre screen for some reason.

    Update:

    OMG it's working now with the battery in and the usb symbol on the phone! I'm at 72%, if it doesn't work this time, it may go flying through the window.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  18. #18  
    I konw what`s wrong if the baterry is to low all you get is the charging symbol, it happent to me , let it charge for a while and try again the usb mode, it will work.

    pd. I have a remote wipe problem and dont know how to start a thread, is there any way to remotely wipe the data of a palm pre plus by wifi , I am outside of USA and my pre plus is not activated, I use it with my wifi, I just lost it on new years eve, and someone is reading my messages, the could find my banking informations and lost of important stuff, please somebody help!.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostjb View Post
    I konw what`s wrong if the baterry is to low all you get is the charging symbol, it happent to me , let it charge for a while and try again the usb mode, it will work.

    pd. I have a remote wipe problem and dont know how to start a thread, is there any way to remotely wipe the data of a palm pre plus by wifi , I am outside of USA and my pre plus is not activated, I use it with my wifi, I just lost it on new years eve, and someone is reading my messages, the could find my banking informations and lost of important stuff, please somebody help!.
    Hmm.. Probably. Log into your profile here: https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

    Go to 'Device Options' and click 'I lost my phone'. You'll see the option for the remote wipe.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    With the battery out I got a "?" on the Pre screen for some reason.

    Update:

    OMG it's working now with the battery in and the usb symbol on the phone! I'm at 72%, if it doesn't work this time, it may go flying through the window.
    Yes, there is a point, where you have to reinsert the battery for it to continue working. It is normal to get the ? mark symbol, when the battery is out, because it's asking what the hell you're doing, not having one in it. LOL

    Hope it works for you this time!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions